Anyone know how to mod the game?

nx02nx02

I was thinking of playing around with the editor and files a bit and maybe start a realism mod. Nothing too big really I just want to start out editing the armor values, speed of the tanks etc.

What I want to start with is editing the tank values to get them as close to real historical values as possible. Or are they already pretty accurate?

Who knows, maybe it could turn into a big mod later but ya got to start somewhere.

I did figure out how to mod a few things but I haven't quite figured this part out yet.

My question is, does anyone know how to mod the armor values and speed, turret turning speed, etc. of the tanks?

Originally posted by nx02nx02:

I was thinking of playing around with the editor and files a bit and maybe start a realism mod. Nothing too big really I just want to start out editing the armor values, speed of the tanks etc.

What I want to start with is editing the tank values to get them as close to real historical values as possible. Or are they already pretty accurate?

Who knows, maybe it could turn into a big mod later but ya got to start somewhere.

I did figure out how to mod a few things but I haven't quite figured this part out yet.

My question is, does anyone know how to mod the armor values and speed, turret turning speed, etc. of the tanks?

realism mod?

this is game is as realistic as it gets imo

I dont know about making a mod. Mainly I just want to start with playing around with the armor values, reload time etc.

I cant really play the game right now because it crashes to much so all I can really to is start with some mods for now until a patch comes out.

I was hoping someone here knew how to mod these kinds of things in the game?

Hi,

all info. on units, AI, graphics, skins and sounds are in *.SFS files, which are kind of mountable file as virtual directories. So without decoder or encoder for this SFS files, there cannot be any real modding, there ARE ways to read data from this files (I already have), but not back.

br.

Dr.Jones

Originally posted by Dr.Jones:

I don't know how BF feels about modding (I'm new here, see Junior smile.gif ), Moon, can we make tools to extract data from these files, and share this info on Forum?

br.

Dr.Jones

Bump. Can a mod or dev please comment on this?

Dr Jones can you email me with the info on how you viewed these files? You mentioned that you cant rewrite to the files but you can view them?

I am very interested in making some good mods for the community but I need the community and devs help to do that and so do the other modders of the game.

devs please give us the tools and we will make some great mods. It can only be a good thing for the game and community. Thanks.

Dr Jones please email me. smile.gif