balancing is important

chanss

(english is not my motherlanguage)

First campaign I play is the german one, and 2 of the early missions is very difficult even on the easiest setting, even had to use the mission editor to get rid off the 4 T34:s that are totaly impossible to handle with the forces at hand as German. the missions after that are much better balanced and fun to play, although i have only tried them on easiest setting. I wish the developers had spent some more time with mission balancing, they would have gotten a much more favorable opinion of the players. I believe many of the negative posts here has come because of the insane difficulty of some of the missions, players get frustrated and start complaining of this and that.

I recomend any player that are frustrated to use the mission editor, it lets you get the campaigns to a sane level in balancing the forces.

Except for the balancing issues the game IS BLEEDING GREAT!

[ April 23, 2007, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: chanss ]

Originally posted by chanss:

(english is not my motherlanguage)

First campaign I play is the german one, and 2 of the early missions is very difficult even on the easiest setting, even had to use the mission editor to get rid off the 4 T34:s that are totaly impossible to handle with the forces at hand as German. the missions after that are much better balanced and fun to play, although i have only tried them on easiest setting. I wish the developers had spent some more time with mission balancing, they would have gotten a much more favorable opinion of the players. I believe many of the negative posts here has come because of the insane difficulty of some of the missions, players get frustrated and start complaining of this and that.

I recomend any player that are frustrated to use the mission editor, it lets you get the campaigns to a sane level in balancing the forces.

Except for the balancing issues the game IS BLEEDING GREAT!

Real men grow big moustaches, swear in public, drink very much and don't use mission editor!

smile.gif

I would say that if you maybe halved the number of enemies, this game would be even more fun. I haven't gotten into the campaign yet, mainly been playing the single battles, but in every single mission that I've played, you are outnumbered approximately 2:1. I've beaten most of the ones that I've tried, but I've taken horrific casualties. It would be fun to play at least some levels where you can get through them without 80% casualties. I think I'm going to make some levels that are not suicidal. Don't get me wrong, a suicidal mission once in a while is fun, but when 100% of the missions are, that kind of takes the charm out a little . . .

Without revealing too much about the beta process, I'll tell you this: The majority of scenario design suggestions were to make existing scenarios easier, and most were adopted. I feared that we made the game too easy. Heh!

Stick at it, sooner or later you'll get a feel for ToW and fight your way through most missions without too much difficulty.

Originally posted by Field Marshal Blücher:

I would say that if you maybe halved the number of enemies, this game would be even more fun. I haven't gotten into the campaign yet, mainly been playing the single battles, but in every single mission that I've played, you are outnumbered approximately 2:1. I've beaten most of the ones that I've tried, but I've taken horrific casualties. It would be fun to play at least some levels where you can get through them without 80% casualties. I think I'm going to make some levels that are not suicidal. Don't get me wrong, a suicidal mission once in a while is fun, but when 100% of the missions are, that kind of takes the charm out a little . . .

I agree, the major problem i found in the gameplay is the balance even in easy settings.

Any mission represented in ToW in the real world would end in defeat.

But it is a great and challenging game.