Inquiring minds want to know...

Prince of Eckmühl

Don't know but I have seen at least 10 on the screen at once
Me too, but not for both forces combined. The most appears to be ***about*** eight objects per side. I've got a bat-outta-hell-high-end-system, and if this is the most 3D that this engine will crank out, then my hopes for ToW are pretty much dashed, SP and MP, alike.

PoE

Hertz

I've done the same trying multi units,the game works very well with multi units, if your in bird eye view the graphics aren't a big thing on your system, when you zoom in you might have only two AFV's and 10 men in your view even my system can handle this, what might be a issues is the memoryyou have I've got 2gb and runs ok, some of the issues people are having are with systems with 1gb, could be wrong? but 32 v 32 from bird's eye view graphics aren't all that good, but close in GR8, it's the ideal way to write games nowadays

good gaming.

Originally posted by athkatla:

I'm assuming that the yellow number in the bottom right corner is the FPS! How do you get this to appear in your game? Thanks.

Used FRAPS for the frame counter.

I jumped onto a Tiger and directed it... it wasn't too bad and was actually playable, but not ideal.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Originally posted by DeLaVega:

Looks like Tiger chess. Although I couldn`t find the King and his Tigress. :)

Anyway, awesome screens! And all of them have an individual number? That would be a very cool feature.

LOL.

All vehicles have individual numbers or number plates etc. You can assign numbers to units in the mission editor.

Well, this is certainly good news. Having played through the battles, I'd become concerned that there was a sort of cap in place as relates to vehicle density. As is, it appears as though the ceiling on vehicle use is really only limited by the ability of our hardware to handle all the math and draw the landscape and vehicles.

PoE

I think your right, it would be more an physics\data calculations problem with the CPU and ram taxed the hardest.
hehehe I am beta testing allies and it has 200 km x 200 km maps and can support in game 100 ships and 200 aircraft in a battle which is 300 units.I think the problem with tow is it needs some engine optimization. It shouldn't lag out with 60 units or so.

Originally posted by KiloAlpha4:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I think your right, it would be more an physics\data calculations problem with the CPU and ram taxed the hardest.

hehehe I am beta testing allies and it has 200 km x 200 km maps and can support in game 100 ships and 200 aircraft in a battle which is 300 units.I think the problem with tow is it needs some engine optimization. It shouldn't lag out with 60 units or so. </font>