Camera Angles

huhr

This is the most frustrating part of the game for me so far, plus the game locked up during one of the training battles.

What is the best way to use the camera or what does everyone prefer to use?

I made move camera forward - W, Move back - S, rotate left - A, rotate right - D, Zoome to unit-E, and I left elvevation on the mouse wheel. Helped alot for me, being right handed. I also took away movement and attack arrows for looks. Plus took away always showing icons. I also don't like seeing enemy icons on units that are too far away to really see clearly, seems like it's cheating to know where AT guns are when you really can't see them from where you are. But it helps gameplay with the site line colored circle system. But I think the games site distances are too long honestly, but maybe that's just when my guys are standing up. Game growing on me.

Originally posted by huhr:

This is the most frustrating part of the game for me so far, plus the game locked up during one of the training battles.

What is the best way to use the camera or what does everyone prefer to use?

Was this the third training battle mine didnt want to load at all.

thnaks guys for the tips, Tampa- I use the mouse on the left hand is that what you do?

Stug- I was on the mission of basic training the second one down from the first training "block" I had to assault the trenches did the first one then it got rid of my first three tanks and added three others on the right of the screen going northwards and thats when it locked up

The camera controls is the key to the game. You have to be fast with it..no other way around it because it's a battlefied happening fast and furious.

If you're good with FPS on a keyboard you should be ok. If not, and I'm not, here's what I do.

I use my CH HOTAS throttle. (there are other left handed programmable gizmos but I've always gone back to my CH throttle).

Of course I don't use the actual throttle. If you haven't seen one..it has 3 hat switches within an inch of easy thumb access.One hat switch the thumb rests on. What better hat switch to control in a first person shooter..intuitive to push down to go prone, up to stand up right, left and right to strafe..and my index and ring finger laying on 2 of the top 3 buttons for walk forward and backwards. Thus the usual WSAD commands in a heartbeat.

Translated to TOW. Top buttons to move camera forward and backwards. One hat switch to rotate left,right,and tilt up, down. Another hat switch to scroll left and right and raise/lower elevation.

With the quick access to rotate and tilt camera..I don't even use the "free camera" control button to move around..although its still on middle mouse button if I want.

This way the right hand on the mouse is strictly for orders. The 3rd top button on the throttle is my lock FP view. Now I can lock on the birds eye view..release it and be moving the camera back to where I want at the same time.

Of course few are going to go out and get a $100 ch throttle to play this but if you're already a flt simmer and have one..try it.

NOW the game is making more sense as I have more control to get around..even time to admire some action..or make sure a tank needs to move another yard hull down to see his target.

The camera controls is the key to the game. You have to be fast with it..no other way around it because it's a battlefied happening fast and furious.

If you're good with FPS on a keyboard you should be ok. If not, and I'm not, here's what I do.

I use my CH HOTAS throttle. (there are other left handed programmable gizmos but I've always gone back to my CH throttle).

Of course I don't use the actual throttle. If you haven't seen one..it has 3 hat switches within an inch of easy thumb access.One hat switch the thumb rests on. What better hat switch to control in a first person shooter..intuitive to push down to go prone, up to stand up right, left and right to strafe..and my index and ring finger laying on 2 of the top 3 buttons for walk forward and backwards. Thus the usual WSAD commands in a heartbeat.

Translated to TOW. Top buttons to move camera forward and backwards. One hat switch to rotate left,right,and tilt up, down. Another hat switch to scroll left and right and raise/lower elevation.

With the quick access to rotate and tilt camera..I don't even use the "free camera" control button to move around..although its still on middle mouse button if I want.

This way the right hand on the mouse is strictly for orders. The 3rd top button on the throttle is my lock FP view. Now I can lock on the birds eye view..release it and be moving the camera back to where I want at the same time.

Of course few are going to go out and get a $100 ch throttle to play this but if you're already a flt simmer and have one..try it.

NOW the game is making more sense as I have more control to get around..even time to admire some action..or make sure a tank needs to move another yard hull down to see his target.