Camera control issues

Neskire

1. I would like something from the CM interface: when you move your cursor to the upper right or left edges that it wil move the view left or right (and not need to use the keyboard)

2. When I click on one of the icons at the bottom of the screen that indicates a unit behind my camera view, it zooms to that unit, BUT it changes the angle. I need to reset it again using the numeric keypad 8 or 2.

Regarding Nr.1: Do you mean rotating the camera? It is done by pressing middle button (in my case - scroll wheel) of the mouse.

I have another issue: is there a modifier key, which, when held down and clicked, jumps to that spot on the map? In CM it was done by holding down Ctrl and then clicking. I miss this feature.

Ok, we have the minimap now, but it's much more imprecise...

I second Neskire's 1) and edgars' second sentence.

In addition to Neskire's 2), wouldn't it be better to place the camera behind the selected unit!?

I'm also missing the zoom-keys from CM. Even if we can zoom free, they would be very helpfull.

Would be nice as well if we can adjust the scroll speed of the map. It's a little bit to fast for my taste.

I have to say, it seems they totally forgot to cover controlling the camera in the manual. They discussed the camera settings and options, but no discussion at all of actually using the camera when n battle. This results in a rather awkward trial and error process.

Von, I feel for you man, I am in the same boat. I feel the camera is always working against me when I am trying to get to where I want to be.

Sometimes I'll get the camera where I want it, and I'll head down to the bottom of the screen to click the Prone icon and it'll pan backwards.

Other times I'll pan sideways and then try to stop on a unit, and it'll seem to continue past that point.

Sometimes when I am hitting the middle mouse button and orbiting around, it'll skip forward and throw me off my target.

The scroll wheel raises the height, which I am always trying to use as a zoom to the object, I am told you can set it, but I didn't look yet.

And sometimes, when I press ENTER, and then ENTER again, the camera will swing me around to the enemy view, and sometimes it won't...I dunno why.

Since the cam movement is almost exactly as in Silent Hunter 3 and 4, which I play(ed) a lot, I have to say that it`s okay for me. Although a free adjustment like in the "Total War" series would be a plus for everyone who isn`t familiar with the cam movement yet.

I would make two changes to the camera:

1) Remove the mousewheel as a means to change your height,

2) Allow the pitch of the camera to control the height (e.g., if you are looking at a 45o angle, the camera should move forward AND up or down respectively, not stay at the same height).

Loving the game, and I've gotten used to the camera .. just my 2 cents.