The Last Frontier Mission

athkatla

Does anyone else think the the spawn for the reinforcements is very badly placed?

As soon as they appear I try to get them moving, but one by one they get destroyed by the enemy before they can get off the top of the hill. It's definitely a bad place to have reinforcements join the map.

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

Most of the reinforcements are being landed in the thick of it, yes. But why move them if they got shot at? Shoot back!

Sure, being allowed to manoeuvre first would be nice and easier. But don't cha know, 1C and BFC are Evil!!! BFC are employing Rune, afterall!

They were trying to fire back, but their accuracy was not the same as the enemy, in fact trying to get them into position so see the enemy was the biggest problem. smile.gif

Hmmmm really, my Panzer VI took out 6 enemy tanks and crippled one, single-handed.

The only thing that stopped it in its tracks (excuse the pun) was hitting a wall. It took out both tracks. Moon is that suppose to happen? - Great if it was, either that or someone got in a sneaky shot.

Guest Panzer Boxb

Funny, my Panthers and Jadgpanthers couldn't seem to his the broadside of a JS-2 at any range. Meanwhile, those thrice-damned SU-100s had a field day.

Well I don't understand it then. I was playing on the easiest difficulty too, which is supposed to give your units an edge, but they were wiped out in a matter of 2 minutes max!

At that stage I had lost the first defensive position, and some of the enemy tanks were almost at the bridge.

What is really odd though is that the first time I played this mission, I got a victory, but you know what, I didn't even know I had any reinforcements. I was so busy exploring all the commands and trying to defend the enemy side of the bridge that I never saw any reinforcement messages. I don't even know what happened to them!

Originally posted by athkatla:

Well I don't understand it then. I was playing on the easiest difficulty too, which is supposed to give your units an edge, but they were wiped out in a matter of 2 minutes max!

I won on Normal settings in 25 minutes...

I pulled back a unit to the trench system in the deployment phrase...they acted as a reserve. Also I placed both Pak40 on the lefthand flank alongside the left buildings (just behind the walls).

I suggest you concentrate your fire on the nearest threat and also manually aim, I find it slightly more effective with AT & Tanks.

Guest Panzer Boxb

My thoughts after one try centered around the same concept. I was thinking of pulling my Paks back into the village along with most everything else. Keyhole your AT assets and force them to come to you.

I found that keeping a Panther behind the reinforcement ridge helped too. I only bring it out when the Russians attack from the hills to the right. The Panther quickly finishes the two or so tanks that support the infantry from there and then I can support my units in the trenches.

Guest Panzer Boxb

Hrm...I was playing on easy and my Panthers only managed to track a single JS-2 from the right after inumerable shots.

Hi guys,

First time that I am posting on this forum. I just tried the demo last night. I was struggling with the camera and trying to find out how everything worked, But I had to pick the JagdTiger, I can't help it I simply love this beast...he is really expensive at 600 pts but boy! It paid off! :D I was barely knowing what I was doing that I K.Oed 3x T-34/85 and 1x IS-2, before having my JT K.Oed in turn by a shot from an IS-2 on the side of the super structure. In the hand of a skilled player, that tank will own real bad I am pretty sure! :cool:

I know dude. I was just too eager to try out the JT :D I will do the whole tutorial tonight. But my point is: Is it me or the JagdTiger is really badass? I had a Stug that last not even 5 sec, a Panther that was able to kill a few but the JT was really tough. I barely microed it at all and he killed 4 tanks.

I have so much fun with the demo, had to play 3 times to win..

I thought I was about to lose when all my tanks and pak40 got destory, then the reinforcement came but only 2 pather survive.

Lucky me, manage to win the game with just 2 pather left =)

this is one of the hardest and best game i've play for a while

good job guys

sorry about my bad english =(