Text display problems with the nVidia Quadro FX500

Text display problems with the nVidia Quadro FX500

Just got this new graphic card from nVidia, the FX500. This card is really hot, the graphics in CM run very smooth and the fog is absolutely magnificent. I couldn’t find any layers in the fog, even on the edge of the map the fog has a very natural look. Also is the alias on objects such as buildings and vehicles completely gone.

But the text in CMBB doesn't look the same anymore :

CMBB_vs_FX500_1.jpg

White text is now blue

CMBB_vs_FX500_2.jpg

The blue landmarks are now green

CMBB_vs_FX500_3.jpg

And the briefings background (a very ugly) light blue.

I have installed the nVidia 52.16 drivers and deleted the CM prefs file several times with no effect.

It's not the end of the world but I just wanted to let you know. BFC shouldn't use their precious time with supporting graphic cards for workstations ;)

Nils

(edit : changed the title - added 'Quadro')

[ December 11, 2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: eichenbaum ]

This is the Quadro FX card, correct ?

Hmmm... strange. I can only assume that there is some sort of 'color compression' bug that this particular card has with the 52.16 drivers. This is somewhat reminiscent of the problems CM had with the FX 5200s with some of the earlier drivers that supported that card.

One thing to remember with these 'unified' drivers that NVidia and ATI have is that problems can crop up that are unique to certain cards. The unified drivers often have to have 'tweaks' for particular cards within the driver. This is due to architectural differences between all of the cards supported by the unified/universal driver. Unfortunately some things can get missed.

If you're in the mood to experiment, you can try the 53.03 drivers you can get from Guru 3D, though they could cause more problems than you're currently seeing.

Thanks Schrullenhaft.

It's indeed the Quadro FX. 3d design (3ds max) is even more important to me then 3d games.

The 53.03 drivers (forceware) ? Mmmm... I certainly can try those... if they won't work then I can always go back, thanks to Detonator RIP from Guru3d ;)

Maybe I get some more improvements in the performance.

Nils

• 2 months later...

The problem with the colors can’t be solved as far as I know. I used different drivers and settings but none worked.

You can switch to the desktop with ALT+TAB and back again after CM has started. This way the colors will be displayed correctly. Only you need to repeat this every time you start CM.

Nils