Question

Redonmyhead

Hola. I'm new to the rts community. My first rts game was COH. Excellent game except the realism aspect. On guy mention this game on the relic forums. So I checked it out and wow, this game looks like a winner in my books. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm a big fan when it comes to WWII like the rest of you I imagine on this website.

I was reading one of your blogs. Is grenades, mines, or sticky bombs accessible to the soliders in this game?? They're not listed under weapons (unless I'm blind which is possible), so I'm assuming they were not incorporated into the game like motars. I was reading on this particular blog that grenades could disable engines if placed right on tanks. Is that true?

Keep up the excellent work. Hopefully, the game will be a big success, and future patches will happen so motars and other extras will be incorporated in the future.

Red

Hand grenades in various forms (anti-tank grenades, anti-personell grenades) are in. Mines are in as well but you cannot lay them during an ongoing battle (minefields are part of the map). Mortars are in by the way, but only as off-map support.

Martin

How about barb wire? If so, can the player choose where to place it? Also, what kind of fortifications(MG/gun bunkers, etc), besides the trenches, are in the game? Again, can the player choose where to place these? I'm assuming none of these can be placed by the player, only decided where the map maker puts them, correct?

I think there is barbed wire, trenches and MG pillboxes, anti-tank obstacles and minefields.

But i believe they are in predefined positions.

German infantry also has panzerfaust and panzershrek anti tank weapons and the americans have bazucas.

I hope the other factions have something equivalent.

i don't know if this has been mention before in previous posts, but once a enemy tank or infantry is killed, do they disappear on the battlefield (I hope not)? Is there cover for infantry behind destroyed tanks or trees (i know trenches are in the maps)? Like setting up ur ATs, can u set them up in cover so they're less likely to be killed by enemey tanks or fire? I imagine so but curious. I'm at work so reading the other posts is hard to do.

redonmyhead,

tanks do not disappear (dont know about inf) and you can even send some inf to capture the tank and use it (depends on their experience and some things)

you have an special key for letting inf cover behind tanks to advance.

for your at's the are hard to spot only when you fire the spot the smoke and then you are in trouble.(these can also be captured by inf and used if the AT is not destroyed)