changes in the BF edition

GS_Hinkel

ok guys.. after playing the russian version some time... i really hope BF does some AI changes

like bazookas hitting at 250 meters (checked the distance) repeatly (every shot hits)

also what seems a bit odd are the penetrations that occure

it seems like the angle the armour is doesnt really count

the panther has 80mm armour eh?

well it seems like it 80mm @ 0° and not 55°

that counts for all tanks ive been playing with

on the other hand why the hell have my tanks a hit chance of 100% with APC @ 500 meters and only a hitchance of 50% with APCR?

i really dont understand that

all in all the Tiger is (in the game) better than the Panther because it's better armoured (in the game)

as a last note: the game really plays well in early war but its getting more buggy and buggy the later the campaign goes

GS_Hinkel,

i have read many times that the penetrations are fixed in the euro version. Also the distances are corrected.

And also irw the tiger was much better than a panther not only with his better armor but also his big gun 88 instead of 75mm

What i read from Mattmatt is that when they got the version they had the same probs and they corrected it and many more bugs thats why we still have to wait;

Now the only thing i can say is you can play the game with bugs i only can read about it that it is delayed again and again and again and ....

you know what i mean.

ok thanks for the fast answer

but about the tiger and panther discussion ^^

panther had better FA and weaker side and rear armour

the 75mm of the panther had better penetration on most ranges

so imo i consider the panther to be a better tank becuase its the better combination of fikrepower, armour and speed

Hmmmm; i do not recall ever reading the gun on the Panther to be better: not in terms of traverse, penetration, reliability... anything!

But i believe the late model panthers are believed to be the better tank once the problems were worked out due to it's sloping armor and greater reliability than the Tiger...

The Panther’s gun not only penetrated more armor, but IIRC had lower dispersion of shot, making it a better firing platform. The Tiger’s gun fired a heavier shell, making it more effective against soft targets, and likely a greater chance of knocking out a vehicle if the shell penetrated. The Panther’s 80mm sloped glacis also protected it better than the Tiger’s 100mm.