Demo of (direct?) competitor "Officers" out

Reichenberg

Ok, the game has a few bugs like firing through walls and bunkers. I think the line Of Sight (LOS) is a little off. I got off the beach and had the AA guns from the other side of the large turret gun, firing on my infants and killing them, through the turrets you could see the tracers going right through it. I was successful in finishing the mission after key sites were captured. I made sure I placed minefields on my flanks to counter the 5 pzgs traversing the area. I capture the food stores and then surrounded the HQ and Colleville city and finally after about an hour of smaller skirmishes I finished the objective. The game has potential and I think if BF could help them with some minor issues it could be a great game.

Originally posted by Markus86:

@ iplaygames2

I get a CTD, too.

But my computer should handle it without any problems.

Amd 64 4000+, 2 GB RAM, GeForce 7800 GT

You can find the sys req, in the readme file.

I had no problems with it, and my hardware is very similar: AMD X2-4200+, 2GB Ram, Geforce 7900 GTO.

Anyway, I think it's has to much of the modern RTS games. The lack of camera control sucks. There seems to be not much more control over the units as 'move there' and 'attack this'.

I hope TOW will be very different!

I have to apologise for my honesty but this wos the worst demo i have ever seen.And i can say that i play this demo and i have to say that i regret that i ever dit.But on the same note i can wait to see what Theatre of war demo will be like im actually sure it will be quite great.Since we all know some of the best games this company have made in the past and i never dit have any complaints against any of the games they have made.

while the voices aggravated me, I didnt think this was a bad game.

Ai seemed dynamic and if it was scripted I didnt notice.

Map was huge and liked some of the supply and travel ideas.

Didnt like the squad graphics as couldnt tell difference much.

Overall wasnt bad and may buy.

• 1 month later...

I have been playing this for the past few days. I have to admit eventhough the UI lacks, the game play is kind of fun and quick paced.

Wish they had the option to turn the time down to 1/10th of real time. I find once you get going and are fighting in multiple towns with lots of infantry and armor that controlling it all can be tough.

I also thought the demo wasnt bad. I am just wondering which of these 2 will be released first? I really want to wait for TOW, and would hate to drop the money on Officers, then have this game come out shortly after. I think TOW is going to be the better of the 2, but I did play the Officers demo and it wasnt too bad...Oh well, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Mike