Nobody's mentioned the latest BFC blog entry yet?

MikeyD

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Sirocco:
You don't need to be a PS master to have an opinion.

Agreed,

But if your going to attack the publisher credibility over a image at least you could do is offer up some alternatives.

Nitpicking every screen, image, interface, unit is not on any level a productive conversation. Sure pointing out historical contradictions IN THE GAME is ,but we are talking about a image on a advertisement, its sole purpose is to catch ones eye.

I agree with the Admin...Hof has some good points sometimes ?..sure ...but man he certainly isnt the smartest person on these forums thats for sure..and you know whats funny..guys like RMC ..and other cronies just follow him blindly like a group of school yard bullies.

Originally posted by Der Heinz:

makes us all feel nice and welcome here! [Roll Eyes]

Newsflash! You're not.

RMC

Mate people come here to debate and analyise a game TOW and you post that rubbish.

Guys you can travel in a pack ...maybe because you lack confidence i dont know.

Plz be constructive...dont just rubbish people and offer no alternative...if ppl like the AD so be it...if some ppl dont so be it. Its ok to have an opinion as long as you are constructive in your discourse.

There are to many examples here were some-one post an idea and the same guys hack into them.

You guys are killing off the forum with the same old negativity.

In conclusion plz admin spare me off these Wankers plz!!!!!

Dont be bullied be these jerk offs.

you might ask is this constructive and i say yes..someone needed to give them a reality check

-----------------------------

leader is a dealer in hope.

~ Napoleon Bonaparte

---------------------------------------

Sometimes, I wish that the "anti" crowd would just go ahead and say what they really mean. For those who don't fraternize with the hard-core, CM community, let me summarize:

"I told BF what I wanted. Instead they're giving me TOW and CM2. Well, those games aren't gonna cut it with me and I'm gonna give 'em hell in return. I'm gonna dog their new games and any attempt that they make at innovation in the process. They've betrayed their loyal fanbase (me) and now they're gonna pay. And I'll dance on the games' grave when I'm done."

Well folks, if you're not interested in TOW, then please visit the other forums. There are several BF sponsored boards where you'll be right at home.

As things are shaping up, you're just gonna spoil the game for EVERYONE else. The rest of us don't care if you hate the ads, or can't or won't play a game that has no turns or doesn't allow moves during pauses. We just don't care what you want from 1C or BF. It's not our problem.

Thanks for your respect and cooperation,

PoE

But the “where’s the demo dude” twitchy crowd is any more productive.

I don’t think the majority of TOW lurkers have any idea the vast knowledge the CM community in a historical sense pertaining to WWII has to offer, telling the CM crowd to go away is just asinine (not that that’s your suggestion) .

The few individuals that troll this forum with their bad attitudes that think their low membership numbers gives validation to criticisms and attacks is wrong and by a long shot do not represent the CM community as a whole, the CM community are for the most part one of few mature/literate wargammers you will run into on the net.

This argument of the “Church of CM” V’s RTS has been fought on many fronts, and has roots back to the CC days, when the CC crowd opened up the “legendary assault “ on the CM community back in the early days.

Now that CC has a fork in it, and the irony that their only realistic alternative is a BF published title will inflame many small arm engagements for months to come.

So see, nothing new here.

Originally posted by WindyCity:

This argument of the “Church of CM” V’s RTS has been fought on many fronts, and has roots back to the CC days, when the CC crowd opened up the “legendary assault “ on the CM community back in the early days.

Oh boy, looks like I've missed a lot action on the forums, while playing both, CM and CC. Your description sounds itself like a setting for an strategy game.

****Ah, those were the days! But heck, We scrapped with Kieth Zapapalooza and Mad Bunny WAY worse than with the CMers. Also, CC is one of the all time greats; it'll be a long time before it needs forking.

****Back to the topic: I think its more like 1 in 500,000 thousand people who see the bombs will know the nomenclature and all, and even less than that will care. BOOM sell games. The real question here is whether or not an ad pictured is a "screenshot" or an "artist's rendering. If it is a screenshot...then I better be able to see it just like that in the game. If its a painting or whatever, I got no problem with them going out of bounds abit...to a point. They are trying to convey a feel...action, battle, explosions, carnage and potential carnage.Catches the eye amoung the mass of other titles..makes you maybe want to read the text..Oh...you like IL2 from before? Thats kinda cool...tanks and all getting bombed..Thats why you noticed the bombs..Thats cool..you check out the forums ....register as "Stukal337"...wait 3 days for the General to approve your app...Post a harmless thread about "will there be Stukas in the game?"...Hof comes out riding an Ostwind, RMC on a quad .50...guns-a-blazin..."Yeah".."and there's gonna be ME262 CAS nightbombers flown by a group of beautiful hardcore Nazi female SS pilots codename: Werewytches!"... "Yeah".."And and they got V2 rockets you can ride on , dude!"... ;);););)

****Anyways, it could be a lot worse...

DISCLAIMER: I aint tryin to "peddle my mods". These pictures are for entertainment porpoises only!

bomb2.jpg

bomb1.jpg

LJ

DISCLAIMER: I aint tryin to "peddle my mods".

probably not the place to ask but speaking of peddling mods have you any plans for a new one - your Kursk mod was ace - getting bored and all the games I was tracking (FOW and COH) have turned out dud. Although in this forum some people seem to mention a game called Officers - does anyone know if it is going to be any good ?

Originally posted by WindyCity:

As I recall the war of words was started by the CM "community." There had been 4 CC games by the time CM appeared and the same complaints we see now about "click fest" gameplay in ToW we saw then. Lots of people felt free to vent about how crappy CC was, how stupid the players ("twitchers") were and how glad they were that someone finally "got it" with the turn-based play of CM.

Not for no reason did the concept of Borg assimilation spread around the forums. Borg was the friendly way to describe the phenomenon. The Church of CM, brooking no dissent from dogma, was the way the CCers expressed it. There was a very real dynamic in the forum where a poster had first to make his obeisance before the greatness of CM, before daring to speak a word of discontent. It was almost comical.

Now that CC has a fork in it, and the irony that their only realistic alternative is a BF published title will inflame many small arm engagements for months to come.

The real irony is that BTS/BFC have embraced ToW, which, if anything, is Close Combat 3D, and are making the CM2 games in a real-time engine (with optional turns to be sure). You've come a long way, baby.

Originally posted by Sammy_Davis_Jnr:

...drivel...

This forum is a means for communication. Generally, if you want people to pay attention to what you post, it behooves you to post in a coherent, legible manner. Forcing the reader to sift your post for comments from other parties detracts from your message.

I posted on the OFFICERS forum just over the weekend... and the Developer 'NIKODEM' said they hoped to have a DEMO out by the end of the month...

As for my concerns about the Healthbars, they seem to be a general indicator as to the tanks overall condition. But a tank can still be taken out with a single well placed shot... Weak spots and all that...

So im not as worried as I was initially...

Originally posted by Max Wünsche:

[QB] I posted on the OFFICERS forum just over the weekend... and the Developer 'NIKODEM' said they hoped to have a DEMO out by the end of the month...

As for my concerns about the Healthbars, they seem to be a general indicator as to the tanks overall condition. But a tank can still be taken out with a single well placed shot... Weak spots and all that...

So im not as worried as I was initially...

Im gonna buy the game as it gives you the option to build and play huge scenarios... 25 sq km...

with up to 1500 units on the map...

CAEN - scenario here I come...

Originally posted by Prince of Eckmühl:

Sometimes, I wish that the "anti" crowd would just go ahead and say what they really mean.

Well, they have. Both with regard to ToW and CM2. It has abated somewhat as those folks have come to realise that ToW is not CM2 WWII. There was already enough screaming about the design decisions for CM2 (smaller forces, RT, modern first, modules).

As things are shaping up, you're just gonna spoil the game for EVERYONE else. The rest of us don't care if you hate the ads, or can't or won't play a game that has no turns or doesn't allow moves during pauses. We just don't care what you want from 1C or BF. It's not our problem.

You're mixing groups here. Hofbauer is not from the "gotta have turns" faction. He's from the "oh, my God, I hope this doesn't go completely Sudden Strike on us" faction. So he's particularly wary both of those flashy ads and the leet players they attract.

Originally posted by RMC:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

The real irony is that BTS/BFC have embraced ToW, which, if anything, is Close Combat 3D, and are making the CM2 games in a real-time engine (with optional turns to be sure). You've come a long way, baby. [/QB]</font>

I'm new to the PC war game thing ( but not wargaming - ahhhh... give me a ruler, 1/72nd plastic figures and some dice - I'm away !) Are the CM games really that good - all the old skool lads in these forums are always talking about them. Have I missed out on some serious action (please excuse this old dog for only recently getting into the PC/internet thing)