Is this going to be another "G.I. Combat"...?

Charlie901

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Well, something I'm sure you all missed was my post that I quit the game part of DAS last month. I doubt if I go back. Governmnet work is so much better than fighting bosses for resources.

E

One of thre worst things about GIC, I thought, was that I could never figure out whqat happened. That is, I would be leading a platoon around the left flank then go back for my reserves and they were all dead. Did a tank getr them? Infantry I didn't see? What happened?

One of the best things about EYSA was the mortars. They were effective . . they could lay down smoke to cover an advance or pound a position prior to your assualt. They had limited ammo and weren't overly accurate but were effective when used correctly.

Granted the game had many flaws but this is one of the things I thought it did well, and consequently, it disappoints me that ToW won't have mortars when it is released.

Originally posted by OrcaRex:

One of thre worst things about GIC, I thought, was that I could never figure out whqat happened. That is, I would be leading a platoon around the left flank then go back for my reserves and they were all dead. Did a tank getr them? Infantry I didn't see? What happened?

hmmm...now I wonder whether that non-game-specific problem can happen in ToW?

Didnt you get messages about the squad being under attack?

It worked fine in cc with its color-coded messages from white to red depending on urgency (IIRC white for neutral messages, green for completed tasks (a la squad redeployed successfully), orange for problems (squad under fire/pinned) and red for casualties. So you could immediately jump on spot by clicking on that message in the message monitor.

I wopuld imagine ToW could use a similar or similarly weffective method for handling all the various squads in a real-time environment...?

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by OrcaRex:

One of thre worst things about GIC, I thought, was that I could never figure out whqat happened.

hmmm...now I wonder whether that non-game-specific problem can happen in ToW?

Didnt you get messages about the squad being under attack?

It worked fine in cc with its color-coded messages from white to red depending on urgency (IIRC white for neutral messages, green for completed tasks (a la squad redeployed successfully), orange for problems (squad under fire/pinned) and red for casualties. So you could immediately jump on spot by clicking on that message in the message monitor.

I wopuld imagine ToW could use a similar or similarly weffective method for handling all the various squads in a real-time environment...? </font>