Skirmish mode

kabex

Hi, I believe having some sort of quick-battle/skirmish mode would be very beneficial for the replayability of this game.

Most of us would finish the SP campaigns then say to hell with it, thankfully it has multiplayer so we are going to enjoy that for years to come, I am sure.

However, aside from multiplayer battles I think it'd be nice to have a "skirmish" mode like most other RTS games. Basically, you pick one of the maps in the game but you have many available forces to buy, for you and the computer(you can also choose how much money you are giving yourself and the AI). After you buy your units you start the map.

I think this would add a lot of replayability. This skirmish mode is already available for multiplayer I assume? Some games don't make it possible to play it against the AI though, so that is why I'm writing this.

Skirmish/Deathmatch mode against the AI is a very important feature for the replayability of the game.

Bump for Megakill. :D

Let me put it another way: make it possible to play multiplayer against the AI.

When we create a game, let us set up who is AI and who is human, like other RTS games(age of empires etc).

This would be awesome.

Originally posted by Megakill:

Let me check with the team. I am a singleplayer freak (to slow witted to play against mighty humans, AI usually kicks my butt anyway). :)

Thanks! It'd also be nice to be able to select the timeframe of the battle(available equipment) and force strength(axis 50%, allied 100% etc, it limits your available numbers and equipment) you can also choose who is what country(even usa vs russia or france vs poland, all kinds of crazy stuff).

For the exact "skirmish" system I am asking, refer to the game "Codename Panzer: phase two". This game had an excellent skirmish/quick battle mode.