Airlanding?

Graf York

From the pics I saw that airpower will be visualy included. Will it be restricted to a low flying ground support role? How about horizontal bombing? Recon by air? Will it be possible to give orders to aircraft in the way one gives to ground units? Will only one aircraft at a time appear onscreen or is there going to be some formationflying?

With the detail the game puts into small unit tactics it would be great to see airlanding included. Paradropps or gliderborne attacks on bridges (for example Pegasus bridge) would be a stunning feature, or think about ammo resuply by air. Not in the first release of course, but would it be generaly possible concerning the game engine?

greets

Originally posted by Earl Grey:

We all hope there will be A LOT of Addons. Marines fightign Japanese soldiers on a Pacific island would be nice... :D

Guys, this now depends on you. If the game is well accepted and you want more, rest assured - we will keep making new addons.

I'd like to see Guadalcanal, the Philippines, Saipan... even Malaya and Burma would be nifty, IMHO. I don't know if a Manchurian campaign would be interesting, though, as I don't know if the Soviets actually had many pitched battles. Khalkin-Gol might be a fun mission, though. smile.gif

From Graf York: "Recon by air?"

A very good idea, I mentioned it in another post and I think I saw it one other place. This would add a cool dynamic not included in any other game like this that I know of...hint, hint. It seems there was quite a bit of this done, especially by the allies later in the war.

Involving air things, I hope that I can order all units to fire enemy airplanes, not just normal AA.

Especially now when I have seen pics of very low flying sturmovik. Also in that pic, infantry didnt "duck and cover".