accuracy

peewee

Just a quick note from the screenshots I've seen.

Your late model Tiger I with steel wheels has too many roadwheels. The two outer layers of roadwheels were not fitted to steel wheeled tigers, only early versions with rubber tyred wheels. check photos. The roadwheels should not come to the edge of the track.

On the same note Pz IV roadwheels SHOULD come almost to the edge of the track.

Also, late model tigers did not have drum cupolas

On a positive note, I think you did a great job on the cammo and colours of the various vehicles.

Is this the "steel wheeled" Tiger 1?

grab0034.jpg

Actually it looks like a middle mark to me, even though the Tigers that used that scheme were really late model Tigers with the later cuppola and steel road wheels.

Are you sure about the removal of outer steel wheels though?

Most of my references show late model Tigers with the complete set of 8 pair of roadwheels per side, although with the order reversed from the earlier mark.

eg earlier marks had the pair order from the drive bogey of Outer, Inner, Outer and so on finishing on Inner (as per modelled in the picture)

The late mark had the roadwheel pair order reversed: Inner, Outer etc.

ok I found the large image in the screenshot gallery.....It's an early rubber rimmed wheel tiger with a drum cupola, but with a late war cammo scheme (copied from the AFV Club kit I'd guess). So It's better than I first supposed. I'll shut up now...lol

Since this looks like the place for it, I should mention that the screenshot in which the Panzerfaust

projectile is visible right before impact shows that someone left the spring steel wraparound tail fins

off the projectile, making the engagement shown rather problematic. Mind, that we're seeing it is pretty amazing in and of itself.

Regards,

John Kettler

Just got back from reading the Armchair General interview, where I noticed the following oddity here

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/wordpress/wp-content/interviews/mvb/2006-07-28-TOW-%5B009%5D.jpg

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that the Russians did NOT have APDS. If I'm right, shouldn't the ammunition shown for the ZIS-2 be recaptioned to read APCR, HVAP, or Arrowhead?

Regards,

John Kettler