I see in some of the screens there is a "Spirit" rating.

VicKevlar

"Spirit" or "morale" (localization/translations are one of the main things going on right now as you can imagine and are not finalized, so what you see in these beta shots does not represent the final product) is tracked individually for each soldier. This includes vehicle and gun crews.

The game has a very strong RPG element in that each soldier has its characteristics and abilities (driving, aiming, scouting) and can receive promotions and experience.

Martin

Thx! This is sounding better and better. smile.gif

Since it is still early I'll save more "Spirit" and other questions until later in development. Ahhh....questions, questions...split squads? ability to flee? disband? strat level supply system? campaign system, eh, will some maps carry more 'weight' than others ala CC2? Mine dogs?

Been awhile since I've been excited about an upcoming release. :D:D

split squads - well, you can give orders to each soldier individually (you can group select a squad, too, of course), so you can do as you please.

ability to flee - these individual soldiers seem to care about their virtual lives and you can see them panic for a while and run away, then come back as they recoup (or stay panicked)

disband - yup, you can disband and recrew vehicles and guns as you please

no supply system, but when you play a campaign you carry over survivors (including more experience, higher rank and medals) as well as any surviving equipment like tanks PLUS anything you managed to capture (yes, you can use captured stuff in later battles)

Campaign system - you play through the various historical mission from each theater... err, pardon, theatre in linear fashion.

No mine dogs (that I have seen)

Martin

Originally posted by Steiner14:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moon:

Is it possible to disable guns or even destroy them, before a retreat? </font>

Spirit is actually how tanked up the Soviet grunt is. Where the west used infantry training the Soviet union used vodka. Between battles you can buy new supplies vodka, imported whiskey, tequila etc.

This is going to be great I tell you...

Originally posted by Megakill:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Steiner14:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moon:

Is it possible to disable guns or even destroy them, before a retreat? </font>

Originally posted by howardb:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Steiner14:

Without witnesses, a war-trial was the consequence.

Why do you think the original project got delayed so many times? They're currently tweaking the prosecution-ai for the war-trial module. </font>

Yeah, but if they include a "disable" feature, then no one will be able to capture anything that they don't kill the entire crew of. I for one look forward to turning MG42s against the Huns! :D

I think running our own abandoned equipment over with our own tanks and blowing them up with our own guns is enough.

It is realistical, that you have to kill the whole crew to get a not disabled german PAK into your hands. I'd have absolutely no roblem, if that bonus would be the same for less disciplined armys, too. It would just make it more difficult to capture enemy equipment for both sides. Now it seems a bit to easy for me.