Sniper rifle

I really like the sniper team and I play it alot. One thing that I have noticed is that the sniper rifle cannot kill 76mm or 90mm turrets. While they front and side armor of the turrets could be 20mm HV resistant, should't the backside or top be less armored and vulnerable?

Ok having played with the sniper rifle quite a bit this past week I found a weak spot on both the Apollo and the Palidan that allows for a reapeatable "One Shot One Kill".

This is not my intention for the Sniper Rifle. Also as the above post note killing a turret is impossible (as far as I can tell).

I will be changing the stats of the rifle to weaken its direct kill abillity but possibly increasing its penetration.

I want input here please. Is the rifle good as is or too powerful or should it be removed altogether? Any suggestions at all will be accepted gladly.

I think the rifle is great, but it should not kill anything more than a shrike with one shot, with the exception of rear shots, and very rare critical hits. 3-5 hits on a side weak spot should still kill.

Paladin tires, sides of vehicle turrets, deployable turrets, etc...should be more vulnerable.

I would reduce the number of snipers in the team to just one and make the other a rifleman.

Thanks Redcon.

I think the rifle is great, but it should not kill anything more than a shrike with one shot, with the exception of rear shots, and very rare critical hits. 3-5 hits on a side weak spot should still kill.

Paladin tires, sides of vehicle turrets, deployable turrets, etc...should be more vulnerable.

I would reduce the number of snipers in the team to just one and make the other a rifleman.

Thanks Redcon.

Originally posted by Redcon-5:

I want input here please. Is the rifle good as is or too powerful or should it be removed altogether? Any suggestions at all will be accepted gladly.

I'd say that the rifle is too powerful as it stands. Or to put it another way, I got sniped repeatedly in all sorts of vehicles by someone who shall remain nameless who was hiding amongst the trees.

I'd say that the right balance is a rear-armour kill on the Apollo at 1km or less. Right now it feels like it rips my frontal Apollo armour apart too.

Originally posted by Toby Haynes:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Redcon-5:

I'd say that the rifle is too powerful as it stands. Or to put it another way, I got sniped repeatedly in all sorts of vehicles by someone who shall remain nameless who was hiding amongst the trees.

I'd say that the right balance is a rear-armour kill on the Apollo at 1km or less. Right now it feels like it rips my frontal Apollo armour apart too. </font>

Here is some more sniper goodness. Thor hunting, sniper style. Even the bots do not see snipers, unless the sniper shoots. 3 Thor turrets blasted, resulting in 3 dead enemy Thors, and a dropship to boot. (I began taking pics after killing the first Thor turret).

Predator style camo for the sniper would make me all warm and fuzzy inside!

Rootop Postition:

DropTeamP4Release2007-04-06Sniper1.jpg

Hmm..here comes victim number two...

DropTeamP4Release2007-04-06Sniper2.jpg

Just a little patience...

DropTeamP4Release2007-04-06Sniper3.jpg

Like shooting fish in a barrel..with a shotgun

DropTeamP4Release2007-04-06Sniper4.jpg

NEXT!

DropTeamP4Release2007-04-06Sniper5N.jpg

Just a little patience...

DropTeamP4Release2007-04-06Sniper6.jpg

Blam!

DropTeamP4Release2007-04-06Sniper7.jpg

Bye-Bye Dropship

DropTeamP4Release2007-04-06Sniper8.jpg

Sniper movie coming out soon!

P.S. Those sniper rifles need to get camoflagued soon, human players would spot those target indicators.