Call to Arms - Modders

poesel

This goes mainly to Iceman, jedevlin and adzling but does not exclude anyone else.

We all try to get a model into the game but have failed on one or the other step. This is a bit frustrating since we seem to be very close.

I propose that we join forces to get ONE model right. Complete with collision model, animation, textures and sound. If we can finish one we know how to produce all others.

I suggest we use a tracked cube with a cubical turret to keep things easy.

Programs of choice would be Sketchup and Blender as both are freely available for both Mac and Windows.

If you are interested send me an email (link on top of this post).

Suggestions would be apreciated.

Yeehaw. I'm all for it. Email is on its way.

Are we only gonna concern ourselves with getting the thing in game and rolling (track textures included) or are we gonna worry about scaling, positioning, and whatnot as well?

By the way, perhaps something a little more 'dynamic' than a cube, so we can tell which way is front/up/down? Maybe a slope to one end.

Also, I've figured out how to do this UV map stuff with Blender, so that's probably a decent choice for something as simple as a cube, as UV maps are what we're gonna want to use.

Now then, are we just going to use this forum topic as a meeting place? Perhaps an exchange of other means of contact? I know a Ventrilo server that we can probably borrow a channel for a time.

I personally think that what we should do is to make sure that we all keep very detailed notes as to what works and what doesn't. Once we have a complete success, we can put what works up on the Wiki. (Of course, we might find that it takes a team of 3 or 4 to have any success tongue.gif )

I like this, Posel. I think having a team of 4 of us, we can do it.