CMBB Demo TCP/IP freezes

rwcanuck

I cannot understand why the TCP/IP portion of the CMBB demo freezes as soon as I get to the part to put in your password or IP address (if connecting to someone). You put in the password or IP address and when you click OK it picture freezes and I have to do aCtrl+Alt+Del to reboot. I tried re-installing the demo a few times including Directx 8.1 and the same occurs. Any ideas what is the problem?

I have a:

AMD Athlon 1.1 Ghz Processor

Asus A7A133 Socket A M/B w/Ali chipset

Nvidea Geforce2 MX 400 Video card ver. 4.13.01.2942 drivers

Creative SB Live Sound card

639 MB Memory

Using Directx 8.1

and Windows 98 SE

Thanks

RW

Hi,

I finally got it work by uninstalling the Ge Force Graphic Drivers and installing the newer drivers 4.13.01.3082. The TCP/IP came in without any freezing. It was strange before that only the TCP didn't work but the PBEM and solitaire worked (but I did notice the odd freezing during gammeplay). I use ADSL high speed internet BTW.

I just hope it continues to work. I guess those older Drivers were a problem as I also got the occassional game freeze in CMBO.

Cheers

RW

I read from you on this board somewhere of first uninstalling the old drivers before installing newer graphic drivers. I did not do that with the older drivers and maybe there was a conflict causing freeze ups in CMBO and the TCP/IP in CMBB.

Anyway,glad the 3082 drivers work fine for me now smile.gif

Cheers

Rob