New Scenario - Gunda Gap

Alfa-142

The battle for Gunda Gap was one of the fiercest engagements of the Iota uprising. Two regimental size drop-forces clashed violently in a fierce battle for the control of the tactically important crossroads at Gunda Gap. The hills on both sides of the road forms a natural barrier, the one who controls the gap controls the highway. Who controls the highway controls the colonies and effectively Iota Reticuli. Capture and hold both HQ's to win the battle.

Map by Alfa-142 - Dedicated to my friend Janzzie: Rest In Peace.

Download: The Battle for Gunda Gap

(( This is my first map so be gentle =D ))

I'm a big fan of clean, open maps like this one. The road is nicely done and it's fun to start seeing some Territory maps. If it's OK with you, it would be nice to put this into rotation with the 1.1.4 release. We're finally able to rotate Territory and Objective maps together on the server so it will be fun to start playing some Territory games like this one online.

The only small cleanups I can see that might be nice on this one are a little more flesh to the 2 bases. Maybe flattened, slightly improved ground and some more buildings for each one?

Very well done!

Thanks!

I would be very honored if you would like it to be in 1.14

The HQs are "mobile" headquarters where the commander has his Staff set up, as I figured that there were no buildings out in the wastes hence the unprepared grounds.

Alfa-142