Hindering Terrain

Jalinth

How does one go about making terrain that slows and bogs down vehicles and/or infantry? I'm thinking like with deep mud or really heavy plant life.

I tried increasing the friction modifier, but even at 91 all it did was give me some REALLY good traction.

Well, I stil havn't found anything that does what I want, but I am getting closer to getting the map I've been working on done.

Once I smooth out the terrian enough so that the Shrikes stop doing double front flips, I'll post it for all to see.

Look out boys and girls, because the storm of Vendetta is coming once again to Chiron!

Well, it's still a major WIP, but I've got some early alpha images of the plant life that I want to slow units down. Right now I've just dropped some random clusters around.

The map will have 1.3G and 1.7 atmosphere pressure.

pic1.jpg

Image 2

Image 3 Image 4

With the information and hints I've dropped so far, let's see if anyone can guess the source of my idea is from.

lol. No, not Narnia. If you look closely at picutre number four you might notice the installation looks familer. I took the raid map and changed some parameters for testing purposes. Mainly the .raw and the textures.

Here are the three main hints. Apply the 'Do All these Apply' test to your guesses ladies and gents. ;)

Look out boys and girls, because the storm of Vendetta is coming once again to Chiron!

The map will have 1.3G and 1.7 atmosphere pressure.

Red Orange Fungas that slows units down greatly, and is very good concelment.

Ding! We have a winner. It's my favorite game of all time, and so it makes sense to do something with it for my current main play game.

Just a few more tweaks and I'll have an alpha version ready to post somewhere. Probably will use my old Geocities site, as I've got plenty of space on it.