Need Ideas for scenarios

Dark_au

Can people please suggest some ideas for scenarios. I can do the technical side a lot easier than I can come up with lots of concepts. So if there is anything you think would make an interesting scenario add something in here. It could be ideas for settings, concepts for the scenarios themselves whatever... And no I haven't forgotten golan heights. I think it was Aittam asking for that. If you want to give me a lat long grid ref for the center I can produce a map for you at least. Use google earth or some such. Keep in mind though that for maps based on real world data (outside USA) the maximum resolution of free data is 90m point spacing.

I'd like to see one where defenders have to defend a farily significant structure (say, a giant artillery cannon/orbital battery or a deployed rocket launching system) from either capture or destruction. Technically I think it would fall under the territory gametype.

To what degree can you place random objects? Can the objective (capturable structure) be placed in this manner?

If the objective was some sort of weapon it would be most interesting to allow usage of that weapon. This would be a technical feat, however, as you need to make a unit either automated or somehow get a bot to permanently inhabit it.

I for one would love a city fight. Lots of close quarters shootouts and short sight lines. Perhaps one could have jammers in each building, or just some of the key ones to represent all the stuff interfering with sensors.

This would really allow infantry to shine. Many places where they can jump over buildings and either get a top shot at the armour or just flank the 'perfect' ambush.

Originally posted by Jalinth:

I for one would love a city fight. Lots of close quarters shootouts and short sight lines. Perhaps one could have jammers in each building, or just some of the key ones to represent all the stuff interfering with sensors.

This would really allow infantry to shine. Many places where they can jump over buildings and either get a top shot at the armour or just flank the 'perfect' ambush.

Oh yeah. House to House (comes with the game) is cool, but the rest of the map is completely open with some hills. Artillery would be fun in a city fight too.

Getting ideas for scenarios is not always easy. I keep making notes about scenarios I would like to see on scraps of paper that are scattered around me. Maybe one of these days I'll actually complete one...

I get inspiration from all sorts of things, from playing with GoogleEarth to looking at levels for other games which use heightmaps, such as Scorched3d ( http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/ ) and TA Spring (Main site at http://taspring.clan-sy.com/ with extra maps at http://www.fileuniverse.com/?page=listing&ID=121 ).

That said, not all levels are appropriate for all types of game and when playing with ideas for levels, keeping the type of game in mind is really key.

One thing I have really begun to appreciate is undulating landscapes offer much of the best play when going one-on-one against another player. Dark and I had an elaborate dance twice last night between a Thor H and an Apollo H, manoevering to try and outflank each other using the terrain for stealth which finished 1-1. So large open flat fields should not comprise the majority of the map (nothing wrong with a few such areas though).