New Mission:- Rumble in the Jungle

Dark_au

Clay has kindly uploaded my latest Mission.

jss.jpg

Rumble in the Jungle.

A ctf mission in a heavily junglish environment. Equipment is limited to Infantry and light vehicles only. (one Mercury per side so preserve them). If any Kind soul with a good connection would be interested in hosting this I'd like to check it in MP.

you can get it here:- Rumble in the Jungle CTF

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Jack Carr:

Will any servers be hosting this scenario soon?

yes acording to clay in the general discussion area, just they want to make sure that a sufficient number of players get the new maps before put them into rotation

Yeah, I was at a loss too until I Googled it last night.

.rar files are WinRAR compressed format files similar to Winzip files. Download 7-zip for free and you can use it to extract the files from the .rar container to the Dropteam\data folder.

Hope this helps.

I was able to download 7-Zip and I extracted the .rar file into the data directory, but I can't play this scenarion in standalone. It bombs before it finishes loading it up.

I'm at work so I can't play around with it now, but I'm going to try again when I get home.

I may download it again and try extracting it again.

I should elaborate why I liked it. Having nothing but Paladins, no heavy weapons, no Hermes, no ATGMs and no towers makes for a very fast game and lots of kills. With only small calibre weapons one can really take the time and aim for kill shots. Dropping ion Paladins is actually fun--you can park them hull down and actually rack up some kills with those neglected platforms. I had many a Paladin with 4 dead tires, no engine, and yellow everything else still racking up bot kills. I hope this scenario makes it on a server, it would be great on line.

The map is fun, too. Lots of trees to hide in, and it's easy to drop near the flag as nothing can easily take out a drop ship. This type of force mix would also be perfect on that desert map with the plinths and all the little dips and rises to duck behind.

It reminds me of CMBB early war scenarios. :D