Thracian Valley WIP

Here is a WIP scenario from the venerable Dark_au. I'm posting on his behalf since he needed a place to host it.

You can get the scenario here.

It's an objective scenario. Here's the map:

ThracianOverview.jpg

Here's a view from the objective toward the west down the road:

ThracianObjective.jpg

And here's a view from the north hill looking down at the road:

ThracianHill.jpg

And finally here's a view in the middle of the road showing how elevated the road is:

ThracianRoad.jpg

Any helpful comments or tips for Dark_au's scenario are welcome!

Just did it the first time. It was fun, even against the AI. I like the way you can find hull-down positions just about everywhere. Too bad the AI doesn't do the same.

The first thing I noticed is that my bot colleages fell off the highway if I ordered them to cross it. I presume you designed the highway the way you did, in order to make it impossible to get off anywhere you like.

One more thing about the AI (probably doesnt belong here, but anyway): The AI shouldn't turn their turret away from you when you reverse (close to) out of sight. And if you do not lose LOS to them, they should still see you, too.

When capturing, structures don't go all together in 'clumps'. In other words, you have to capture each individual tower no matter how close they are.

This is inconsistant with how other structure groupings in the game work.

Dark, to fix the problem Yurch is describing use the Facility tag under your PhysicalObject tags. For example, to make a cluster of 3 buildings all belong to the same facility group, you could give all 3 of them a Facility child tag with a value of 0. Then a different set of 3 buildings somewhere else could all have a Facility child tag with values of 1, etc. See the existing scenarios for examples of this.

Originally posted by tankibanki:

hm, good question.

I'd look for the original scenario files, e.g. Archipelago.scenario

Then place it in the same folder.

That's all I can say, I'm using the Windows version.

Yep that's what I usually do but I can't find them :rolleyes:

Aittam, they're inside of the DropTeam app bundle. Right click on the DropTeam icon in Finder and select "Show Contents". A new Finder window will open. Navigate down to Contents then Resources then at last you will see the Holy data folder of which everyone here speaks. Drop scenarios, etc. into that folder.

Originally posted by ClaytoniousRex:

Aittam, they're inside of the DropTeam app bundle. Right click on the DropTeam icon in Finder and select "Show Contents". A new Finder window will open. Navigate down to Contents then Resources then at last you will see the Holy data folder of which everyone here speaks. Drop scenarios, etc. into that folder.

Was suspecting it, cheers!