Mods

Bane

Hey folks!

I recently downloaded and installed the CreatureZoo_2. I can play once, each time that i start DT, but after that I'm told that I can not play the current scenario because i do not have it. Do I need to install each scenario? Are there more scenarios or did I get the entire package when I downloaded CreatureZoo_2?

Mods are different from scenarios. Each mod has its own directory and all mod files are only accesible when you run that mod. In theory a scenario could live inside a mod but we don't have any scenario that are bound to a mod so the scenarios end up in the general data directory. There it is always accesible no matter which mod.

Now the server 'Creature Zoo' runs a mod 'Creature_Zoo_2' with some maps. One of these is not included in the official distribution. You need to install that map or else you will get the error you described.

You'll find that info also in the Creature Zoo 2 thread in the main forum.

To answer your questions: yes and yes, there are more scenarios.

Originally posted by poesel71:

Mods are different from scenarios. Each mod has its own directory and all mod files are only accesible when you run that mod. In theory a scenario could live inside a mod but we don't have any scenario that are bound to a mod so the scenarios end up in the general data directory. There it is always accesible no matter which mod.

Now the server 'Creature Zoo' runs a mod 'Creature_Zoo_2' with some maps. One of these is not included in the official distribution. You need to install that map or else you will get the error you described.

You'll find that info also in the Creature Zoo 2 thread in the main forum.

Hi Poesel.

Well, I was JUST playing CreatureZoo_2. I came in when the game was almost over. (It was just me against bots).

After the game ended, I chose to click 'Continue' and thats when, like always, I crashed. I restarted DT, refreshed the network, chose CreatureZoo_2 and got this:

"Unable to join game because the server is playing a scenario you don't have.

You need to install the .scenario file onto your computer before you can join a server

that is playing this scenario. Visit the DropTeam forums at www.battlefront.com to find

new scenarios for download.

The server did not answer your request to join. You might want to try the server again

or try another server with a better ping."

I thought that once I downloaded and installed the CreatureZoo_2 Zip, I was set. Thats what I meant when I asked if there was more maps/scenarios that needed to be installed, seperate from the Zip file.

Thanks!

Question:

Do I need to install each scenario? Are there more scenarios or did I get the entire package when I downloaded CreatureZoo_2?

Answer:

Mods do not include scenarios. Download the scenario either from Nexus or from me. Everything is explained in the Creature_Zoo_2 thread.

Originally posted by poesel71:

Question:

Do I need to install each scenario? Are there more scenarios or did I get the entire package when I downloaded CreatureZoo_2?

Answer:

Mods do not include scenarios. Download the scenario either from Nexus or from me. Everything is explained in the Creature_Zoo_2 thread.

Sorry man, but I just looked at the creaturezoo_2 thread and I did not find anything related to downloading scenarios from you OR Nexus. Up to this point, I can play the desert scenario and the Iwo jima one. Am I up to date?

Guys, PLEASE bare with me! I'm just a newby! I am just reporting what I find on my box and what happens when I connect to the servers.

All my scenarios are available at

Nexus scenarios

Each one should be unpacked into the "data" directory inside your DropTeam install. That will give you the new scenarios. Note that some replace existing scenarios and weird stuff may happen if you aren't in sync with the server. I recommend only installing TheDam-v1.1.1.tar.gz, as that is not yet part of the main release.

Creature_Zoo includes some extra .scenario files. These can be placed in the "data" directory as well for general use.

Originally posted by Toby Haynes:

All my scenarios are available at

Nexus scenarios

Each one should be unpacked into the "data" directory inside your DropTeam install. That will give you the new scenarios. Note that some replace existing scenarios and weird stuff may happen if you aren't in sync with the server. I recommend only installing TheDam-v1.1.1.tar.gz, as that is not yet part of the main release.

Creature_Zoo includes some extra .scenario files. These can be placed in the "data" directory as well for general use.

Thanks Toby! Ill give it a shot. Although, I'm using Windoze XP right now, so I can't use .tar files. (Damn I miss my Ubuntu Linux!) can I get TheDam in .Zip form? What I mean is.,can I get it in Windoze format?

[ March 15, 2007, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Bane ]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bane:

Thanks Toby! Ill give it a shot. Although, I'm using Windoze XP right now, so I can't use .tar files. (Damn I miss my Ubuntu Linux!) can I get TheDam in .Zip form? What I mean is.,can I get it in Windoze format? </font>

Hi Toby.

Well, Downloaded the .zip file three times and I keep getting the error; "Invalid or corrupt file" each time that I try and open it.

Sorry my friend. I'll just keep wishing smile.gif

Thanks again!

Originally posted by Bane:

Hi Toby.

Well, Downloaded the .zip file three times and I keep getting the error; "Invalid or corrupt file" each time that I try and open it.

Sorry my friend. I'll just keep wishing smile.gif

Now that is bizarre. I just downloaded it to check that it hadn't got truncated during upload. I can unpack it fine - I don't know if we can persuade someone else to try unpacking it to see if this is a wider problem..

In the meantime Bane, here's the file size on my system and the MD5 checksum for it.

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">toby@nexus:~/Downloads$ ls -l TheDam-v1.1.1.zip

-rw-r--r-- 1 toby toby 5911820 2007-03-24 17:14 TheDam-v1.1.1.zip

toby@nexus:~/Downloads$ md5sum TheDam-v1.1.1.zip

bbf6d35062efff2756451df766c1616e TheDam-v1.1.1.zip</pre>

Try a downloader which guarantees to get the whole file. I use the command-line "wget" utility on Linux for large downloads - there is a Windows port at

WGet for Windows

There must be others out there too.

I got it! :D I used 'Free Download Manager' from the Windows market place.

The connection broke 7 times and it was able to start again. (MAN I cant wait to get my own connection back!) Thanks a million!

Oh.,did you say that TheDam is only playable in Stand Alone?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bane:

Just finished playing TheDam. NICE! Thanks Toby. And good job Nexus!

You're welcome.

btw - Nexus6 is my handle :) Or maybe you meant to thank me twice :)

Cheers,

Toby Haynes </font>