Supply ? and 3Rd Reich

Pzdgnr again my compliments for a terrific endeavor in modding Advance Third Reich. The large map allows many more tactical options not available in smaller maps. The only drawback is because there are so many units it takes the computer AI quite awhile to make all it's selections but still well worth the wait. Thank you Pzdgnr.

Supply in WAW needs a little adjusting, not a complaint just an observation. An allied HQ's unit did an amphibus landing in Spain which I had conquered along with two allied corps the two corps were destroyed right away but the hq unit moved to a mountain hex where I reduced it from an 8 to a 2, completley surrounded and cut off with no port from which to be supplied it received a 4 supply to bring it to a six. Even though it would probably be destroyed in the next axis move and the supply rule most likely does not effect the game that much I would like to see it adressed and fixed if possible in the next patch.

Bill

I am working on an update to my mod, but unfortunately there's not much I can do about the generic supply rules in the game.

I will take a look at the invasion scripting again. If Allies are going to make landings in Spain they may as well do it right.

The AI can be painfully slow when lots of things are happening. I'm quick to highlight this whenever folks start asking for bigger and bigger maps with more and more units. There's something to be said for an Army level WWII game that plays fast and fun. At the corps level, it's not so fast and sometimes a chore to keep up with everything. But, that's half the fun in its own way.

william,

Supply is a general formula that for the most part plays pretty well throughout the SC series and without complicated rules etc., i.e. for your example HQs also double in role as a sort of supply wagon (or the equivalent of a mobile supply source) so it would be tricky to enforce a rule where an HQ is in a bad situation and should have no supply versus a situation where it has just over extended its regular supply lines.

For example, and still using your situation, since we do not have mulberries a landed HQ during an amphibious invasion provides supply for assaulting units and therefore the HQ is able to reinforce under this rule/condition.