Solution to one-tile island problems

I think I may have found a solution to the one-tile-island problem, ie the one tile meant no amphibuous attacks and only one unit could be present:

Use the land+sea tiles. There are four present in the game. On the standard 1939 map, one of those tile types is only present once on the map, on the Sardinia/Corsica junction.

Color that tile as an ocean tile, or what not, and then place it adjacent to an island, like the azores or whatver.

This tile will allow both land and sea units to occupy it, allowing for amphibious units to land and attack the island proper, or for extra airplanes to be sent there. plus, with the new patch changes, the naval units occupying those spaces are no longer subject to attack from land units.

Some house rules would probably be necessary, but it sounds good to me. Expect to see it in my next scenario.

What I would like to see is a game system that offers players an opportunity to initiate a drill-down map for island invasions.

Example - you move 5 units into range of an Island and press a drill down button. Then a larger scale map appears on screen with these same five units appearing, but divided into 15 units.