Give Me Your "Wants" for Axis AI V 1.01

OK, so far this is on my to-do list (Among others):

1. Add global variables (this will be done by using Greenland as the spot for decision garrisons).

This means that in 1.01 Axis will:

Have far more variable diplomacy, research, production, invasions, timelines etc.

2. Take a hard look at Sealion.

3. Focus more on building tanks.

4. Try to make North Africa invasions smarter.

So, I need your input: What do you want to stay? What do you want changed? What do you want included?

[ June 19, 2006, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Normal Dude ]

Something i noticed in your mod that was odd. Germany kept amphibbing armys and transporting to Norway/Denmark, then back to mainland. This continued from early 42 till 43--which is where i left off(saved). I wasnt threathening either country, so i am not sure why the AI was doing this, but its something to mabey look at or improve. Otherwise, the AI is deff. improved

ND, since the tank units are limited in number, it is fairly effective to just put it the #Tank entry first with a high %. When all 6 (or is it 7) units are bought, the script skips and moves on. If you include 2,3,4 date discriminators you can avoid focusing on them when Germany should be in a more defensive stance. I'll send you a copy of mine for you review. Maybe it will give you some ideas.

One thing I noticed was the lack of axis air power in North Africa. There is always that bottleneck west of Alexandria, some planes could help soften up ground units. The AI doesnt attack then move then attack again with other units. Great job!! Much improved keep up the good work.

ND - You oculd try moving the Italian Air Unit (5 strengther) on the start-up board. Like adding the HQ. Other option, add a second air unit and make them both strength 1 to start. I've done similar things on the mod I am working on...just so I can have the AI count on certain critical assets being available. Other option is to give Italy Long Range [1] so the air fleet can cross the gap without using MM. That might help.?.?.

Playing the mod. Germany out of nowhere does a DoW on Norway (fine) but they amphib ONE unit completly west of the capital right in between two mountain tiles. The unit is stuck there.

For one, it should be TWO units at least and on the right spot, hehe.

Never saw that occur in the standard scenario, migth be a script issue?

I still have to play it at hardest setting, tried at normal and the game is over in 1941, oh well, at hardest level it is interesting.

The script says two units and works 90% of the time, but that is the AI for you. This is an issue I have brought up to HC.

Personally I haven't played the AI at normal setting since SC first came out. No amount of scripting will ever make the normal AI a challenge.