Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Amphib problem w/ Exploitation Scripts

Edwin, I have been using the surprise attack Gibraltor script you wrote up, but I am seeing a problem that extends to other scripts as well.

The AI will load up a corps onto an amphib, then park it a few spaces away from Gibraltor, regardless of whether Gibraltor is garrisoned or not.

Have you seen this?

Yes, I have, even though it has an activation check in it. HC, what say you?

Also, I have my Spanish scripts just about right (one for Axis and one for Allied).

For the Allied one my 4 fleet amphibious invasion force (sounds impressive) approaches Portugal, but when two are in range only one lands the first turn.

Gentlemen, I think I found the source of the problem... essentially I check for the number of transports in a plan and then if I have 50% within unload range... problem is the number of transports in a plan reduces by 1 each time it unloads and so it causes a slight issue with follow up transports.

For example, a plan with 6 transports and only 3 in range satisfies the initial check, i.e. 50% within range, but as soon as I unload the first one, I now only have 2 transports in range and so the check fails for the follow up transports.

Slight oversight, sorry about that, but I will fix this for the next patch.

Many thanks HC.

I noticed one more issue with the Amphibious scripts re: HQs

1. In my Iberian Liberation mod - a USA HQ is sent to Lisbon and disembarks. Then the USA HQ proceeds to continously embark the next turn and then disembark in Lisbon again.

It might have something to do with the Four Transport scripts that I have to ensure that the US Buildup in Lisbon is rapid, but I am unsure. Each script is the same (Steal=0) but of a declining size (Size=4, Size=3, Size=2, Size=1) and all of Length=1. This ensures that the US sends any units in the USA (whether there be 1, 2, 3 or 4) immediately to Lisbon.

I assume that the Amphibous buildups only uses the the first Friendly_Position location to select disembarktion points on the same landmass where the First Friendly position is located. Am I correct? Or does it look at all Friendly positions listed?

2. I saw the same thing happen with Normal Dude's North Africa script. A HQ sent to North Africa would continously embark and disembark in the same port.

3. Additionally, in my Iberian Liberation Mod, when the USA attacked Spain a corps knocked the Franco HQ down to 1, but an adjacent USA Friendly Army followed up with an attack on Madrid, instead of attacking and destroying the adjacent Franco HQ unit.

[ June 13, 2006, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

1, 2. This might be a problem linked to the #FRIENDLY_POSITION, perhaps it is not checking properly for HQs and this in combination with your successive scripts could be causing this issue. I'll have to take a look.

In terms of the #FREINDLY_POSITION parameter it should only be looking at the first position listed and only for those units that are on the same connected land mass.

3. Ok, I'll take a look at this one as well. Also, can you confirm that the Army could reach the weakend HQ in this example?