Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

GeForce users try 30.82 drivers!

If the latest driver does not work for you try the 30.82 drivers.

These have always worked the best for me. Great frame rates - FSAA works perfect - fog also works.

I would at least keep these drivers as a backup incase the latest dont work.

Get them here: http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/

go to page 5 and find your operating system then download.

Hope this helps.

I would never use any other driver with an Nvidia card other than the 30.82 until Nvidia can come out with a driver with no problems from a CM perspective.

There are CM fans that play other games as well, that want the newer, buggier drivers because they help their other games without any problems. I'm not one of those people but they have voiced their opinion here in the past.

This is what we've recommended for quite awhile. The problem is that some newer GeForce 4's (8X AGP models) and the FX series can't utilize this particular Detonator. They need 4x.xx and later Detonators as a minimum.

Admittedly some newer drivers may fix problems in other applications (and conversely cause other problems). The specific problems that CM runs into aren't a general concern in the marketplace since most developers don't mix as many 2D and 3D screens that CM does (hence the driver developers are less willing to fix such issues - especially if it means losing some of their recent performance 'gains').

BTS/BFC have repeatedly mentioned their problems to the video card developer contacts, but they are at their mercy to fix these bugs. The only other way around this is to completely revamp the interface which won't happen until CMx2.