Can countries switch sides?

Im going to start working on a napoleonic europe scenario, but i need to know, lets say the french player captures the austro-hungarian capital, i dotn want austria hungary to surrender, i want it to join The french, and have some of their troops restored, is this possible?

Thanks,

Fartknock3r

You should be able to reactivate the captured country as an ally of the conquerer via a script. I must admit I haven't tried this myself but the setting up of Vichy sounds similar... you would just take it one step further and align the 'new' nation with the other side.

Fartknock3r, as Moonslayer mentioned I think what you could do is create a surrender event where all the original Austro-Hungarian territory is transferred to a new entity (for example use an empty country slot to create an austro-hungarian friendly country when austro-hungary originally surrenders to France) followed by an ACTIVATION event that fully activates the country and it should give you pretty close to what you are after.

For examples, take a look at how Vichy France is created in the 1939 campaign and then you can use an appropriate ACTIVATION event to re-activate the country for the desired side.

As for the UK, I'm not sure what the problem might be as I can set the UK as cooperative on my end. Perhaps there is an unanticipated setting in your campaign that I have overlooked?

If you can send me your campaign complete with all subfolder contents I could take a look and let you know for sure.

Originally posted by Fartknock3r:

Im going to start working on a napoleonic europe scenario, but i need to know, lets say the french player captures the austro-hungarian capital, i dotn want austria hungary to surrender, i want it to join The french, and have some of their troops restored, is this possible?

Thanks,

Fartknock3r

If you need units icons, I may give you napoleonics icons I have created for those who want realize "Napoleonics" mods and scenarios : ;)

napoleon8wi.th.jpg

Thanks everyone, and Hubert i found out the problem about UK. I just thought i couldnt activate it because it can only be an allied nation. Im so stupid :(

Edit- But, just 1 more question. smile.gif Can i make Austria-Hungary a major nation? So it can purchase it's own troops? I dont want it to be like france's Hungary or Romania tongue.gif

Edit(again)- Um, ok i just saved over this by accident >< im pissed. Oh well thanks for your help neway guys.

[ May 01, 2006, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Fartknock3r ]

Originally posted by Fartknock3r:

Thanks everyone, and Hubert i found out the problem about UK. I just thought i couldnt activate it because it can only be an allied nation. Im so stupid :(

UK may become Axis and Germany may become Allied. The both are just "defaulft" activated as Axis (Germany) and Allied(UK).

You have just to do that :

1- Start new campaign

2- Create small UK territory (juste One or two hexagones) and UK capital

3- Create small France territory( just one or two hexagones) and capital.

3bis -Activate France as Allied

4- The UK slot become "highlight " and you may switch UK from Allied to Axis ( note that a windows will open and ask you to confirm this choice)

Inverse proceess for Germany is possible (but use ITALY and not France, and activate ITALY as Axis)

After these manipulations, you may begin to create your map.

This proced is needed because 2 activated major powers have to exist in game at start, one as Axis and other as Allied.

So, Without error of my part, you wil be able to have in your Napoleonic campaign Germany + UK + Russy + old A-H (first) Vs France + Bavarians, etc... and eventually "new A-H" (in second time after reddition of "old A-H")

[ May 02, 2006, 05:33 AM: Message edited by: fantomas ]

1°/Hubert, just a question : a "new" french allied Austo-Hungary is possible as major power with surredner script, but what have to be (or what may be) the activation parameter of this new A-H in editor, when building the campaign ? :rolleyes:

2°/ Suggestion for "Continental blocus" in a Napoleonic campaign : use a supply script, like script used for Malte : When Napoleon controls ports of Baltic, Nord sea, etc..., UK ports and cities lost Supply.

OK, thanks. I have verified in Campaign 1939 basic game, and the parameter is effectively free. I though it was not possible to decide a % of activation with a country wich do not "exist" at start of game, but it was false interpretation : for AI, the countrie exist in the editor. ;)