Changing Status of Nations

I have tried to do the following without success in the editor for campaign 1939:

1. Change Albania and Libya to 100% annexed nations controlled by Italy but it will not allow Italian units to be placed there.

2. Add Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco as 100% annexed nations controlled by France but again it will not allow French units to be placed there.

3. Change Syria to 100% annexed nation controlled by France but it will not allow French units to be placed there.

4. Add Czechoslovakia as a 100% surrendered nation controlled by Germany but it will not allow Germany as a controlling power.

Anyone else tried something similar?

HC, is probably the one to ask, but my thoughts are:

1. Albania and Libya start the game as part of Italy, no need to annex them.

2. Algeria, Tunisa and Morocco territories start the game as part of France - and have not been created yet (i.e. have no capitals), also have no need to annex them.

3. Syria also begins game as part of France, no need to annex it.

4. You need to set up the territory for Czecholovakia. A country without land is not truely a country, is it?

I have included Slovakia as an allied nation in the '39 campaign and it works fine... the devil is in the detail realy... ensure you have set everything up correctly in the editor. If you are still having problems then please let me know what, exactly, you have alterred and I may be able to help a little more.

I figured out the Czechoslovakia problem, in order to make it a 100% surrendered nation I first had to make it a 100% activated to UK and then tag it as surrendered.

As for Albania, Algeria, Libya, Tunisia, Syria and Morocco. I simply wanted to flesh out the game in 1939 by making these actual countries with capitals, 100% annexed by the controlling nation but as I said, it will not let me put units of the controlling country on any of the tiles after I do that. Hubert, is there a reason for this? All I can think is that they are overseas from the other countries designated as annexed. (Austria which I created, Baltic States in 1940 etc.)

I tried to do the same as you for Libya and Albania and had the same problem. My guess is that it is because Italy is not an activated country to begin with... hence it cannot have troops in any country other than it's own (unlike UK in Egypt). As for the French possessions they work fine. The only thing you may have missed is to set France as their allied parent? Otherwise they work perfectly. This suggests that Italy not being 100% activated is indeed the root problem with Libya and Albania.

I guess you could get round the problem by having your campaign start after Italy's entry into the war.

[ May 01, 2006, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: Moonslayer ]