Kbd input freezes caused by Fraps

The keyboard input freezes so many people have been talking about are caused exclusively by Fraps on my end. Without Fraps running, keyboard input works just fine; with it running though, any key press causes the game to freeze for up to 5-10 seconds...

HTH.

Same here. First go round I saw they framerate displays were slow and glitchy even on the briefing screen. Camera controls were laggy.

After my CPU overheated and my machine rebooted I tried again without Fraps. Much better. I am trying out the 1.01 demo first. Does it get a patch?

Is anyone else having overheating problems? CMSF must be a monster, I played Oblivion for hours on end with no shutdowns, but I am sure Oblivion is more graphics intensive rather than pure numbers-crunching. Should I just put a bowl of ice in the case or what?

Athlon 2800+

Leadtek 6600GT

1 GB Ram