A Newbie's View :)

Hi All,

First off I'll just say a big hi to everyone :D

secondly...some rock i've been living under...

for too long i have just sat back and thought..jeeez, someone should make an ultra realistic tactical war game, one that just doesn't rely on a tank rush or an ion cannon....i thought i was the only one who was into these kinda games....

and then....THIS!!!!!!!

Battlefront you friggin legends!

not only is there a WW2 based game...but also a middle east based one.

i can't say how good this is....

so upon stumbling along this, i ordered the special edition (gotta have the map tongue.gif )

and went and downloaded the game.

after playing the tutorial and a few battles, i have a new no.1 game!

so well done battlefront for a game that will suck my life away ;)

now been completly new to the BF games i have some questions after playing for a day......

firstly is it possible to fire the javalines into buildings?

i think this has been asked before but no final answer.

i select my squad to fire at either the men in the building or the building itself, the guy switches to javalin but just stands there, am i missing something?

also a big thing for me is the urban fighting,

from what i read, this game offers some really cool features, like entering a town with some strykers up front, then the IED lights it up...very nice touch for realism smile.gif

anywho, i really am trying to get into the urban fighting but am finding whene moving squads between buildning the don't seem to follow an "urban" fighting formation, they seem to scatter on the road, thus opening themselves to fire.

also with one squad i pulled up in front of an occupied builing, launched smoke and ordered the men out of the stryker and to assault the 3rd level...when the exited the stryker they seemed to walk around the stryker, then back and forth, 1 guy went in and the rest stood round and got shot up.am i doing something wrong?

hhhmmm, this post seems to be heaps long :/

but all in all battlefront a big well done and keep em commin!!!!!!!

sorry one more thing..... is there anything in the works for addons or something, with additional unit types?

thanks heaps all.

Welcome to the club!

Looks like Battlefront has been successful in introducing their products to newbies like you. But they might have ruffled some feathers with the old timers.

You have just pointed out the game's most glaring flaw... pathfinding and baby sitting. This is what the old timers are ranting about.

As for me, I have yet to try the demo. Soon I will really know whether I will like it or not.

Originally posted by Barricade:

i select my squad to fire at either the men in the building or the building itself, the guy switches to javalin but just stands there, am i missing something?

Did you acquire both the launcher and the ammo? If so, the squad should have "Javelin 3" written on their info bar. If not it will just say "Javelin".