UI Suggestion

I haven't read a whole lot into what's expected for CMx2, but I had a suggestion, anyway..

(I'm assuming CMx2 will keep the same turn based action)

In one of my other favorite games (Laser Squad Nemesis), that uses a very similar turn based system, when you are commanding a piece on the battlefield, in LSN, there's an indicator for each "waypoint", as to how many seconds it will take for the unit to arrive at said location.

In my current games of CMAK, I would like to better predict the movements of a group of vehicles, with dissimilar movement speeds. How will the order to "move fast" differ from the order to "move"? This would be easier if the game engine showed a movement timeline of some sort.

Doesn't sound very realistic. In real life what you're describing is done with the Mark I Eyeball and the Mark II Brain (patent pending).

In CM you know that vehicles move at approximately walking speed, and they fast move at something that looks a bit more like their top speed. The info panel gives this information to you klicks per hour as well as meters per second -- so it shouldn't be all that hard to figure out who will get there first, or whether you should issue a pause order to prevent a collision.

I'm all for making the interface easier and more intuitive, but this is going too far. If you don't have the information in real life, you shouldn't have it in the game.

OK, that one went down like the proverbial lead balloon... let's see if this one does better:

Personally I would like to have the possibility of going to "Full Screen" i.e. the option of switching between having the UI visible and just viewing the battlefield and working with hotkeys.

Possible?

-Derfel