Early victory? **SPOILER**

Is this an instance of the victory being triggered because the other forces give up? If so, maybe it should say something to that effect. Either way, the results screen has conflicting information.

Pictures to illustrate below:

odd.jpg

odd2.JPG

To explain, in the 1st image you can see I'm not near phase line Beta or Charlie. In the second, however, it says that I secured them.

Also, for the Syrians it says that they did NOT lose control of PL Beta and Charlie.

Maybe its like the old CM Series and an enemy surrender still counts as all objectives (former known as "flags") are secured?

[edit]Ah missed that Syrian thingy...

...maybe its a bug? :confused:

...however, finally surrendering might become useful! "I will loose my men, but not the objectives" :D

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

It does say Syrian surrender.

On the thingie of them surrendering but keeping hold of objectives: Yeah, that sucks. It's on list.

D'oh, in all the text I didn't see the surrender and didn't think to keep looking after the weird objectives result.

Originally posted by sage2:

Shouldn't that be Phase Line *Bravo*?

If using the proper phonetic alphabet, yes. You'll find a lot of Objective and phase line names in the game are modelled after real life; i.e. at the planner's discretion, but in this case, given Alpha and Charlie, I'd say you're correct that this was a slip-up.

We had a nice little discussion about the use of names from "Friends" for phase line names in one scen. I think death threats were involved (i.e. if you change that to "OBJ Chandler" I'm going to kill you.")

We had a nice little discussion about the use of names from "Friends" for phase line names in one scen. I think death threats were involved (i.e. if you change that to "OBJ Chandler" I'm going to kill you.")
So...

Would that make it...

Operation: Smelly Cat? :rolleyes:

"US army officials today announced the launch of Operation: Smelly Cat. Syrian leaders were prompted to ask, 'What are they feeding those guys?'"

Okay... I HAD to do it...