FNG questions

Took the plunge and I have to say, it's the best $11 I ever spent!

Yup, got the Paradox version off Amazon for about $11..and in 48 hours...patched and played it today with no significant problems..although the game crashed on the second training scenario (the one where you blow up the tanks and bunkers with javelins)

Still getting used to the camera controls....slow but steady learning curve

Couple of questions, don't know if they have been asked and answered so here goes

A) I am playing under Bootcamp with a MBP 17" ATI x1600 w /256 MB VRAM. Any opinions on game settings? I think I am playing with ATI option off. I downloaded the latest drviers from the AMD website for bootcamp (1/08). Also, can anyone mod the actual ATI card settings under bootcamp...I can't get the Catalyst Control Console or whatever the things is to work... Does anyone play with shadows off? Does that make things better or faster?

B) Is there a newbie guide for tactics and unit employment? I searched the tactics forum and didn't see a consolidated one. I am especially interested in assaulting buildings, since I have read a lot of posts on how tough that is..I know there's a couple of threads...

C) Wasn't there some upgrade to show lines and paths and LOS (like in CMx1) or was that a future option?

D) Is there a guide to installing mods? I know there's a lot of good ones..but how do you use them?

Thanks, sorry about all the questions, but I am very excited to finally have it in my hands after 4 years (and 6 months of waiting for the 1.07 patch).

I have to say, although there is still a lot to learn (or unlearn from CMx1)...this is going to be great...and since I only spent $11, I won't feel guilty about buying the Mac version when it comes out :cool:

Any chance you can use the search tool (I think this is about the 2nd or 3rd FNG post this week smile.gif )?

A. When playing on my MBP I turn shadows off, just because they don't look so good (don't think it has any impact on performance).

B. Not that I'm aware of (perhaps you might want to draft a "lesson's learned" document as you go?)

C. Alt-P plots all movement paths. LOS can be checked now using either Target or Target Light (have been able to do this since day 1).

D. Not really. Again do a search (look for my name if you like, I'm sure I answered this yesterday or the day before) but it revolves around creating a "Z" folder within the "Data" folder and putting the mods in there.

Happy searching. smile.gif

Thanks for the replies and the patience, I know there have been quite a few FNG posts.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=003481#000000

has the most comprehensive explanation of using mods

I guess that's what the search tool is for :rolleyes:

Thanks

Major, thanks for the tips on shadows, I think that's a good idea.