Red Force Modules

Apologies if this has come up in another thred but there's just too darn many of them to keep up with and play the game too... so little time.

Anyway, I know we'll be getting Marines and Brits in later modules but what about the Red Force? I don't mean a dedicated Red Force module 'cos I don't think that will happen. But will there be some additional Red Force equipment included with these other modules?

It just seems that it's all Blue Force oriented at the moment. Marines, Brits and Germans will all expand our Blue forces but they'll still be fighting the Syrians :D . NO complaints 'cos that's what the punters will pay for, but I'm pretty sure all of us would like to see the Red arsenal expanded to include new equipment.

I dont think the German government would ever participate in a mid east conflict unless they themselves were the target of a serious terrorist attack. German equipment is pretty cool but I just cant imagine them waging a modern war for anything other than self defense with their current attitudes toward offensive warfare.

Yeah, no doubt that's true but I thought I'd read somewhere that the Germans might be included further down the line. In the hypothetical CMSF scenario, perhaps Berlin was one of the targets of the dirty bombs. Don't know because I didn't read it and I don't care about it either. I just like the game and want some more Red Force options.

For a red force pack, maybe the devs could say that Iran took advantage of the situation or even were behind the Syrian coup and invade Iraq and maybe even run straight across northern Iraq to help Syria out. That would make a nice new red forces package, maybe there could even be some limited red air support for a bit.

I think it would be cool if that was how the story played out with Germany [paper tiger]. Modern German equipment would be cool.

Originally posted by Statisoris:

I dont think the German government would ever participate in a mid east conflict unless they themselves were the target of a serious terrorist attack. German equipment is pretty cool but I just cant imagine them waging a modern war for anything other than self defense with their current attitudes toward offensive warfare.

Isn't the backstory about a series of dirty bombs exploding across Europe that are traced to the new radical Syrian government? I know it's far-fetched but Sept-11-01 was far fetched too before it happened.

Canadian participation is far-fetched too at the current point in time given our operational commitments/tempo of operations, but I suppose that is all beside the point as noted by Sequoia. Backstory is a bit irrelevant once you're in the setup phase...

I think participation has more to do with how cool their camouflage uniforms are, and how willing people are to send Steve free suits for his collection, than any political realities in any event. smile.gif

I'm still not sure how he'll work the Finnish Ski Brigade into a Syrian invasion but I'm sure it will be a blast.