Just tried TCP/IP

..and its even worse than single player. It combines the FPS jerkiness of solo play with some lag and plenty of bugs. I had units not following orders, mounted infantry on strykers not following the vehicle and staying hovering in mid air. The most chaotic and irrational 30 mins of gaming I have ever experienced. I'll try some more multiplayer with different hosts but the first signs are not very encouraging. Head to head was the only reason I have been playing CM all these years :(

Ha ha, gotta say it was the same (minus the bugs!) from the syrian side, although that 20 jeep rush out of the mosque at the start was probably not the most coordinated way for me to kick off the game :D

Got to admit that the pace was a bit crazy, I'm getting used to the interface but even so I found that trying to manage a few troops semi-properly meant that the rest got massacred when I wasn't paying attention!

The significant tactical thought and depth that CMx1 games felt like they had, has temporarily disapeared in the CMSF RT mode and been replaced by mad clickery.

Having said that, the tactical play is still there, but the interface and pace seems to hide it!

Will give it a few more shots though and BTW the RPG-29 is lethal to Strykers; one 'lone syrian' ;) managed to take out 3!

panzermartin, sorry about the size, I only wanted to do a small game too because I realised how unmanageable a large one would be!

Didn't even realise there was a squad in my setup zone! doh!

That game *was* set as an ME, but it didn't feel like it; the objective (when I found it) was virtually in my setup, and the icon showed a US attack!

Maybe a few more bugs to squash or at least investigate here :(