Open Play?

OpenPlay is the network gaming API that CM uses for TCP/IP play. The files should be in the self-extracting file that install CMBB. There should be a folder called 'OpenPlay Modules' and an OpenPlay file at the root of the CMBB folder (I don't think anything needs to be copied to the System Folder).

If those files aren't there, then you may want to open the compressed file on the CD (I'm not sure if it's a Stuffit archive or what - the PC version is a RAR archive). Browse through the the files to find two 'TCPIP' files and the 'OpenPlay' file and extract those.

• 1 year later...

I don't know which file/archive the OpenPlay files are stored in, but they should be on the CD. Perhaps this is an incomplete install ?

I believe that OpenPlay consists of only three files on both the Mac and PC versions of the install. On the PC there is an OpenPlay.dll file and two files in the OpenPlay Modules folder (tcpip.lib & tcpip.dll). I'm not sure where the primary OpenPlay file (OpenPlay.dll on the PC) is located on the Mac install (most likely the root of the CMBB/CMAK folder).

I'm not sure if the files have changed since CMBO, but if you have access to that, you could probably copy those files.

I don't have the time at the moment, but there are some posts back in the early days of CMBB where Matt described how to individually extract the archives for a CMBB install on the Mac that was hanging. This means that you'll probably have to reinstall CMBB (at least temporarily) to get to the files (since one file is the primary archive extractor and the following files are archive/libraries that are dependent on the first one running).

When you put in the CMBB Mac CD, you see a window appear with the three installers: one each for English, German and French. Normally you just

double-click one and the computer takes it from there.

Behind the scenes, these installers run OTHER installers, in a sort of chain. You can see these other installers by scrolling down in the

window mentioned above. (We did it this way so that the installers could share data).

They're called: Data2H, Data2C, Data3, Data4.

"2H" has the BMPs for English installs(e.g. swastikas), while "2C" has the European version ones.

#3 has the remaining BMPs and all sounds.

#4 has OpenPlay.

So if it says OpenPlay didn't install, just manually run the Data4 installer.

The CMAK disc is laid out a little differently though.

Madmatt