Help---Getting ready to purchase CM-BO and CM-BB...

Hi all---

Need some help from the resident experts.

Posted in the CM-BB forum also, but it appears that thread was hijacked.

Hope you guys can help.

Just played demo for CM-BO and CM-BB and WOW!!!

Totally awesome!!!

I can't believe I missed out on these games.

Anyway, I am looking to purchase the games, but need advice on what to get.

It appears that there are several versions out---

CM-BO

CM-BO Special Edition (Does this come with extra special effects when the Death Star explodes? ;) )

CM-BB

CM-BB Special Edition

and finally the CM-BO/CM-BB Bundle.

Anyway, I was hoping you guys could give me advice on what to get and what the major differences, if any between the different versions.

Thanks!!!

The CMBO and CMBB Special Editions give you probably the most bang for the buck with the added mods and scenarios. The CMBO/BB bundle we sell from our website is the best deal in terms of $ (since today it's only $55 for both games vs. $75 when you'd buy them separately).

Martin

Hmm, tough question. Right now the best VALUE is probably the Bundle pack which we sell online.

It includes both CMBO and CMBB but they are NOT the special edition versions. It is however only 55 bucks plus shipping. You may also have to apply the latest 1.03 patch to CMBB but CMBO should come already pre-patched. The 1.03 patch is 2 megs so its not a big deal though.

The special editions are ONLY available in North American retail and offer up some new graphics mods and more scenarios. Most of that stuff can be found online (for FREE) at some of the CM Fansites, but the special editions offer it up to you at once without needing to search and download lots of content.

If you want FEATURES, then grab the Special Editions which should be on the shelves at stores like Walmart, Best Buy and Electronics Boutique. Like I said above, they have tons of new graphics for units and terrain, plus some of the best 3rd party created scenarios and operations made and the CMBB Special Edition also comes with a mod manager program (CMMOS) with hundreds of mods already configured for it which allows you to preview and pick and choose which mod to install.

But the games in all the various versions are the same, it just depends on how much work you want done for you (Special Editions) or how much work you don't mind doing for yourself (online and bundle versions).

I hope that helped. As an added incentive, the current CMBO-CMBB Bundle is only being offered until November 15th and as I said above is currently on sale for just 55 bucks!

Madmatt

[ October 14, 2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Moon/Madmatt--

Thanks for the info. I appreciate you both taking the time to respond.

I visit the SC forums alot--I purchased SC when it first came out, but don't post alot.

However, I want to thank you both for you quick response and also for you work here on the forums. You guys are probably the best Admins I have ever seen on a site...keep up the good work!

Its forums like here and and people like you that bring Battlefront new customers or repeat customers (like myself).

Thanks!