Right Click Menu for Units?

Is there something I'm missing; I automatically select my units and try to right click over them to bring up the menu of commands and it doesn't work!

Instead, I have to boop through a stupid push button screen at the bottom to find what I want.

It means I have to click the unit, then move the mouse away from the unit, dig thru the pushbuttons until I find what I want, then move the mouse back up.

Horrid compared to CMx1.

The graphics mode modifications also are not good; you have global "fixed" modes, like "Good, better", rather than the granularity of CMx1; where you could turn the density of trees up, or just turn them off.

Same for doodads. Hi density or off; which allowed you to customize it as you wanted.

Originally posted by metalbrew:

I griped about not being able to switch between tabs with keys in another thread. It seems I was wrong.

It's ponderous that to switch to the movement tab (marked in the game with an M) you hit 't'. Sigh.

Well, but what if you don't speak English and the word for Move doesn't start with an M? smile.gif

I understand why they went the way that they did, but the keys to go directly to a particular tab (as noted above) are not convenient.

Originally posted by Ryan Crierie:

The left and right sides of our monitors being "rotate view" with the mouse; now they're totally different. Huh?

Why'd you change everything?

The rotate and move functions on the edge of the screen still work the same as in CMx1. The upper third rotates the view, the lower two move the view sideways.

Originally posted by Cameroon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by metalbrew:

I griped about not being able to switch between tabs with keys in another thread. It seems I was wrong.

It's ponderous that to switch to the movement tab (marked in the game with an M) you hit 't'. Sigh.

Well, but what if you don't speak English and the word for Move doesn't start with an M? smile.gif

I understand why they went the way that they did, but the keys to go directly to a particular tab (as noted above) are not convenient. </font>

The rotate and move functions on the edge of the screen still work the same as in CMx1. The upper third rotates the view, the lower two move the view sideways.
No they don't -- I just played a CMx1 game, and I was able to rotate the view around by moving my mouse cursor to the middle left/right of the screen.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />The rotate and move functions on the edge of the screen still work the same as in CMx1. The upper third rotates the view, the lower two move the view sideways.

No they don't -- I just played a CMx1 game, and I was able to rotate the view around by moving my mouse cursor to the middle left/right of the screen. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />The rotate and move functions on the edge of the screen still work the same as in CMx1. The upper third rotates the view, the lower two move the view sideways.

No they don't -- I just played a CMx1 game, and I was able to rotate the view around by moving my mouse cursor to the middle left/right of the screen. </font>

On to other things; why can't we "Fast forward" or "rewind" the turn based turns until they've finished playing in real time?

This has been fixed IIRC. Should be in the next patch if you haven't patched already? I just checked one of my old save games and I can FF without having to watch the whole thing, so it is definitely on the fix list for you guys. The beta testers are still testing stuff that wasn't squeezed into the release day patch.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ryan Crierie:

On to other things; why can't we "Fast forward" or "rewind" the turn based turns until they've finished playing in real time?

This has been fixed IIRC. Should be in the next patch if you haven't patched already? I just checked one of my old save games and I can FF without having to watch the whole thing, so it is definitely on the fix list for you guys. The beta testers are still testing stuff that wasn't squeezed into the release day patch. </font>

Originally posted by David Chapuis:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ryan Crierie:

This has been fixed IIRC. Should be in the next patch if you haven't patched already? I just checked one of my old save games and I can FF without having to watch the whole thing, so it is definitely on the fix list for you guys. The beta testers are still testing stuff that wasn't squeezed into the release day patch. </font>