Grenade Launcher Gods

Hev

So one question remains:

Why do the soldiers keep trying to shoot on windy or cold conditions in excess of 200-300m?

The rounds often hit the ground at half the distance they would need to travel to remotely land in the target-zone :(

That way one can be sure, that there are no 203 grenades left when the soldiers finally close in into a more suitable range *dang*

The RPG is much better than the 40mm grenade launchers. 40mm is great in a Mk 19 (I know that's a different round) but as a single shot it leaves much to be desired. It's about half the power of a hand grenade.

Consequentally, I don't expect much from it. Even when it hits it doesn't seem to do much.

The AT4 sucks, too. I want the SMAW.

At least we have the Javelin.

Well, if you think the 40mm sucks... try checking out the 25mm they are trying to replace it with in the XM-25 and XM-307.

Also, SMAW is old news too. FOTS (Follow On to the SMAW) is on the way (if they can ever decide what they are doing). Would be nice to model them and their mouse hole breaching ability from far off. That way we could blow a hole in a wall a few blocks away and not have to expose guys trying to make some breathing vents in the side of the wall.

There are also new versions of the good ol' LAW that the secret squirrels have been using. Alot of stories from the sandbox on guys getting hung up in doors because AT-4 is just a tad bigger.