Mac OSX CMSF release confirmed!

I own a Macbook. I'll probably buy CM:SF for OSX for it, if only because my wife really likes OSX so I rarely boot into XP, and because battery life under XP is crappy. I think I'd be a poor beta tester though, because I'm not a nitpicky jackass.

Sorry. Here's hoping my QA guys don't read these boards. Jackasses.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a MBP with 4gb ram and it makes a big difference when you're running CS3 apps, office, email and itunes. Bridge will shut down on 2gbs of ram if you've got things going on in the background and it never does with my MBP.

Any idea wen cmsf will come out for osx? I play it occasionally on bootcamp but switching over just to play is bothersome.

Thanks Mark. Thought MacWorld might be a great place to announce, but I understand you don't want to announce that far in advance. Please e-mail me if you need beta testers, I have tested Mac games in the past and have several different Macs to test on (iMac G5, Mac Pro, MacBook Pro).

Geo B,

Hey just to be clear, I’m not a BTS / BFC official (just someone who has signed some paperwork). As such I can’t give you an idea of a release date because no one has said anything apart from a commitment to bring out a Mac version.

All I can say is that given we haven’t even started testing yet, I find it highly unlikely that someone is going to announce a release date in 11 days time.

Similarly I’m not in a position to invite people to be Beta testers, etc.