Background terrain

It would be nice to have different backgroung terrain choices. In cm its allways mountains or hilly terrain. But if you are doing an amphibous assault on the coast of Syria it will look weired if there a mountain in the middle of the mediterranian sea behind you. So instead why not have sea background terrain. As well you can have town, forest and flat ground disappering into the distance, background terrain.

I dimly recall BFC saying CMx2 wouldn't be using the CMx1 BMP 'sky dome' backgrounds. They were dissatisfied with how the BMP images looked in zoom mode for one thing. We're probably going to be getting something closer to what Drop Team has for sky backgrounds - Admittedly I don't personally know how Drop Team skies are done because I've been kinda slow to uprgrade my creaky old computer. :(

Oh, and about amphibious assaults, awhile ago Moon said they weren't working very hard on the coding for amphibious stuff this go-around, though the game engine would be able to take the alterations when they do finally get around to it. But that was an old message and they've been tinkering with the engine for months. Who knows what may be in store.

[ July 26, 2006, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]