Slightly OT - Earplugs

North Carolina. They are indeed a pain. We live on a horse farm, and they haven't been after the horses yet but they killed one of our barn cats and the neighbors bull calf and several other cats, dogs and calves in the vicinity. And they put a dent in the local wild turkey population, which is my job dangit!

It is legal to shoot em in the daytime, which hasn't stopped me from going out there at 2 am lol. I really don't care to kill them, usually shooting a few rounds into the bank will run em off for a few days. But given a clear shot...

With all the gadgets, gizmos, body armor etc. that modern soldiers are wearing...its a wonder they can walk around, let alone engage in combat.

They are enveloped in an artificial cocoon, deprived of their natural sensory abilities.

Any of you guys who have been deployed or are over there now....does all of that gear make it difficult to perform on the ground. Most of the images that we see lately are in urban surroundings..what about out in the boonies...does extra protective gear help or hinder?