Afteraction Replay / MP Servers?

Questions,

Will one be able to replay the entire battle from start to finish, or will it be only turned based as in cmx1?

Secondly, to find players up for a multiplayer game.. will there be any feature that will connect to a broader server who will connect players?

Found by doing a simple search for "movies"

Found Steve's comments

"Still high up on our wish list. Charles nixed the idea for CMBB and AK because he found the recoding necessary for it to be too much. Now we have a fresh slate. However, Charles is concerned about certain code issues and therefore is not going to promise anything until after he gives it a shot. If it proves to be too much of a headache for us, it will be skipped over until the next release. And there is no point whining ahead of time about it either.

Steve"

"Full game playback is what we are shooting for. The only options I envision is turning off FoW and seeing the battle from the other player's perspective. Not sure if that is possible to do though. Depends on how Charles stores the data and reads it back.

Full turn playback isn't something that is high on our list of things to do, but it might be a side effect possibility of how Charles stitches things together. We'll just have to wait and see.

Steve"

Dunno about the MP server question, ass I am not in the mood to do any more grunt work for ya.

"will there be any feature that will connect to a broader server who will connect players? "

Apparently BFC's been getting a LOT of practice at doing multiplayer-over-server with the Dropteam public Beta, and I think Down In Flames before that. And in another thread Moon was thinking out loud about how one would subdivide forces among multiple players for a game. But it sounded like he was ruminating on some future CMx2 multiplayer product, not CMSF. :confused:

The only options I envision is turning off FoW and seeing the battle from the other player's perspective.
I remember when I first read that quote I thought "what other options could there be?"

After a battle I want to be able to watch the full battle again as I saw it.

Watch it as my opponent saw it.

And be able to watch it with all units visible.

Other than that what more could there be?