Moddability

M1A1TC

I am a little concerned. With the old CM games you could change textures to pretty much whatever you wanter, stormtroopers to soldiers with hamster faces, and they looked great. Having the new engine, with more polys and details, what exactly modders be able to do besides just higher resolution textures or custom patches? I guess you could change the cammo pattern, but you still couldnt change the models themselves. They still would look like modern US soldiers

I think my first mod will be Multicam pattern

BFC said (I think) that they were going for a 1-piece texture file along the lines of IL-2 aircraft skins, which should make mods more convenient to work on. And I think he also said it may be possible to have multiple textures for a single vehicle type (different camou schemes/call signs.) And maybe even separate damaged vehicle skins? That's all good for modders. And let's not forget we can do lots of crazy T62 camou schemes!

On the negative side, BFC's still a small shop with limited resources. I suspect - based on nothing, I admit - that as good as CMSF art will look it'll be possible to push the art envelope a LOT further. Unless they hire some upstart Uzbeki design house for outstanding (and inexpensive) outsourced artwork.