turn based 2 player

I know there have been enough comments on this but is there confirmation that we will be able to play a 2 player turned based game. For me (and for many many players) playing in this format (essentially a bumper game of chess) was incredibly fulfilling and damn site more meaty and cerebral than this RT malarcky (which I know has its place but the turn based format raised CM to lofty heights way above all the others.) Please, please bring it back I beg and grovel.

Yes, I know that the PBEM is a 'work-around' but what a complete pain that would be. The game wouldn't flow. If that was reasonable then both turn based and PBEM would not have been included in the previous games.

Odd that it was included for one player though. Was it an oversight? Was it concluded that not enough CM players play Turn based and the majority PBEM?

Is it worth bribing anyone to get this in?

The above aside, it is a mighty fine game and I am enjoying hugely the single player. My Sunday afternoon opponent will just have to wait and hope for a patch. Please Battlefront let there be one.