New GUI command needed

c3k

Another tweak that's needed:

Given that I select a vehicle, then order "open up". Next, I group select many vehicles, which includes the previously OPENED vehicle. I order "open up". All the previously closed vehicles, indeed, OPEN UP. The other one CLOSES.

The same behavior is exhibited with HIDE.

My suggestion is to have SEPARATE commands to Open Up or Close Up (or Hide/un-Hide). This would replace the current toggle-like behavior which can induce unwanted results.

As well, when a unit is OPENED (or HIDING) the command for that same action should be shadowed out of view.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ken

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

For simplicity I would change it so that the current state of all selected units is the state of the majority of the units. Thus, if I select 5 infantry units, one of which is hiding, and click "Hide", everyone will end up hiding. The same goes for vehicles being buttoned/unbuttoned.

It would be better to change all the units to the status chosen, so if a unit is hiding, it keeps hiding. If it's not, it hides. And vice versa.

thewood - yes, that's the ONLY reason I lost all those games in CMx1. smile.gif

Hev - Yes, I'd like that as well. Although I'm sure there's a "too much micromanaging" argument against it. I'd think letting the TacAI run things unless you override it via direct command would be a good solution.

Thanks,

Ken